Discuss Dodgy electrician consumer unit change in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Sb8389

-
Reaction score
Hi guys
Being to a job today where a customer wanted a quote for doing the bonding to water and gas. She had told me that an electrician had fitted a new board with no main earth present and had told her that it would cost an additional 300 pound to get the bonding done when the main earth has being installed. The electrician has even issued her a completion certificate noting this defects with no apparent test readings at all. What i want to know is do she have a case against him for installing a new consumer unit with obvious risks present and holding her to ransom by saying she has to pay more money to get the bonding done.

Is he a member of a competent person scheme or was it just a guy off the street.

I have seen a few people who have had a new consumer unit fitted and just gone with the cheapest quote which ends up been from diy Dave who says he knows what he is doing.

MAIN PROTECTIVE BONDS please use the correct terminology, nearly as lazy as the so called electrician who changed the board and couldn't be bothered with MAIN PROTECTIVE BONDS.

MAIN PROTECTIVE BONDS please use the correct terminology, nearly as lazy as the so called electrician who changed the board and couldn't be bothered with MAIN PROTECTIVE BONDS.
I hope Westy, that the OP feels completely chastised, well said.

main protective bonding colours/sexual perferences.... oh,Yeah, CONDUCTORS.

Conductor, I like that use it all the time as opposed to cable, wire, tails or something that really irritates me and not much does I will have you know "HENLEY bloody BLOCK" as opposed to service terminal block.

Reply to Dodgy electrician consumer unit change in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net