Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

"Pride" isn't part of the curriculum on the training courses yet

I think it's more a case of your frame of mind. Some people on my course don't give 2 fecks. Those are the ones the tutors tend to not bother helping much. The ones who care and take pride are the ones who receive the extra advice/guidance and in most cases get pushed more

Horrors to be sure ...
The horizontal DB made me think of Monti Python's dead parrot sketch "it's not dead it's just resting"

There is a place we do work in where someone has connected a 6mm armoured cable to supply a distribution board, directly to the incoming supply, relying on the cutout fuses for protection. The cable is about 40M long...

There is a place we do work in where someone has connected a 6mm armoured cable to supply a distribution board, directly to the incoming supply, relying on the cutout fuses for protection. The cable is about 40M long...
I come across that fairly frequently doing EICRs, even where there are spare ways. Do people really think that it's ok

Surely a BS88 200A cartridge fuse is never appropriate protection for a 40M length of 6mm2 armoured cable feeding an 8 way distribution board?

One of the clever ones for a change
Ours takes so long to do anything it never gets to that stage. I'd wired a load of klik sockets, dressed the wires back and pushed them into the conduit boxes. Gave apprentice bag of brass screws and screwdriver, but he was unable to screw the sockets back. o_O

Ours takes so long to do anything it never gets to that stage. I'd wired a load of klik sockets, dressed the wires back and pushed them into the conduit boxes. Gave apprentice bag of brass screws and screwdriver, but he was unable to screw the sockets back. o_O
Did you show him which way to turn the screws.

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock