Discuss Does three go into one? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

G

Gaz Bryan

Had a look in a customers cu to check that the cable for the new leccy shower was up to the job. I noticed that there were 2 32A breakers fitted and assumed that they were two ring circuits. Then I spotted the third wire in one of them. The cu was replaced 3 years ago by a registered electrician who issued the appropriate certificates.( which I haven't seen yet)

Am I missing something? Is it ok to have a spur direct from the breaker? ( I've left the BRB and OSG in me toolbag in a customers garage. It was friday and the pub was open what can I say).

I must admit I haven't tested the circuits so I am guessing that it is a ring with a spur. I have seen this before and last time it was three 2.5mm radials stuffed into one 32A rewireable by a diy 'expert'.
To cut to the chase... can you spur straight from the breaker?

Yes you can.

An unfused spur can feed either one single or one double socket outlet only and can be taken from the fuse or mcb in the consumer unit. p362 appx 15, 433.1.5

Last edited:
Cheers for the rapid reply. I had a vague recollection that you could spur from the breaker but as i mentioned all me books are locked in someone elses garage. Going back in a few days to satisfy my curiosity and to check that it is a spur.

Reply to Does three go into one? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock