Discuss Doom & Gloom ahead? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Sparkysam

Im in swindon and have been an industrial/commercial subby for about 10 years all across the south, ive been on with a large job for a year now and recently people who have been dropped have said theres no work about, also agencies have been calling daily to try place new blokes

has anyone else noticed a drop in work?

is this the beginning of a big recession?

Sam

Luckily for me Sam, my work is council refurbs so no matter if the recession takes hold, I will be lucky enough to have plenty o work as the council spends continue regarless. My private work has virtually dried up altogether though.

This isnt looking good!

Ive been working at gatwick for about 4 years and its never been this quiet!

Luckily for me Sam, my work is council refurbs so no matter if the recession takes hold, I will be lucky enough to have plenty o work as the council spends continue regarless. My private work has virtually dried up altogether though.

i do a lot of council schools but if the works drying up then there will be more people looking to do the work and for a lot less

a lot of the big builders are halting new housing projects as the property market slumps which means there will be a lot of sparks out of work already

Sam

Ah, I work on price (on the books) for a big building company which has a 10 year contract;)

Reply to Doom & Gloom ahead? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock