Discuss Double pole circuit breakers/RCBOs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

happysteve

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Eh up :)

Section 721: caravans and motor caravans

721.43.1: Each final circuit shall be protected by an overcurrent protective device which disconnects all live conductors of that circuit.

Any tips for sourcing 2P circuit breakers (or RCBOs) and a small DB? Probably only 2 circuits, possibly 4. Otherwise, a £40 garage CU would be ideal, but I suspect this is going to work out a bit more expensive...

I vaguely remember a thread about DP breakers, but I've drawn a blank with the search facility.

Cheers! :)

Arrrrh, did read of them before on here, but I was never quite convinced of the manufacture/assembly, i.e. putting Wylex RCBO's in another's metal CU, just my opinion. What make are their devices?

I did find some other DP/SN RCBO's, but can't recollect the make. I also seem to remember Hager, I think, state their RCBO's are not suitable for TT supplies. Does seem rather strange other manufactures do not produce such devices

Arrrrh, did read of them before on here, but I was never quite convinced of the manufacture/assembly, i.e. putting Wylex RCBO's in another's metal CU, just my opinion. What make are their devices?

I did find some other DP/SN RCBO's, but can't recollect the make. I also seem to remember Hager, I think, state their RCBO's are not suitable for TT supplies. Does seem rather strange other manufactures do not produce such devices

Hager make DP RCBOs as well, I think you'll find most big names will, it's just that the format of them is double module. I think the ones Rob is on about are single module.

Yes, the ones I'm talking about are single module. They are his own brand as far as I can tell. Come quite highly rated from several reputable people.

Most manufacturers will state that SP RCBO's aren't suitable for TT or IT installations, Schneider up to not long ago also mentioned that theirs weren't suitable for PME. Although that has now changed.

Yep, from Robs post, I see the aforementioned other site sponsors uses RCBO's manufactured by ECD, who also manufacture A3 CU's, although at the moment not sure these RCBO's fit in them. I did do some research on the other manufactures, only found Hager doing DP RCBO's, if I recall?

PS I'm now reading that SBS & ECD are not the same :confused:

Yep, from Robs post, I see the aforementioned other site sponsors uses RCBO's manufactured by ECD, who also manufacture A3 CU's, although at the moment not sure these RCBO's fit in them. I did do some research on the other manufactures, only found Hager doing DP RCBO's, if I recall?

PS I'm now reading that SBS & ECD are not the same :confused:

Just had a quick google sniff and Legrand, Schneider, Hager, CPN, Chint, Europa and Contactum all do DP RCBOs All double module.

Like the SBS stuff, but not sure. I note he has a certificate of compliance, but I'm not sure of buying form a one man business. Namely cos I'm a sole trader as opposed Ltd company, and if his stuff does go wrong, not saying it will, but I've paid my mortgage and I would like to keep my house :)

Note Murdoch didn't fancy his stuff, Murdoch?

It's a highly regarded sponsor of another electrical forum. SBS is the company.

I think even mentioning that will end in this post being deleted. Hence the PM.

Should be OK. Dan was asking the us to link to any good promotions that forum had going recently.

I have meant to give them a go for a while now, but getting stuck on site without the right parts puts me off. I don't get my gear mail order for that very reason. Building up a stock of a new brand is a bit of a commitment to a little fish like me. Looks great stuff though for the price.

Before I jacked in the domestic work I was using the SBS stuff with no worries, and would use it again if I need it.

These days I'm all about the Schneider (merlin variety)

Eaton and hagar do dp breakers... All our transportable buildings are fitted with them as they are made in Slovenia or something similar. Think we had to get them specially ordered from Edmundsons

I use SBS Dave when i do any all RCBO boards as the price is good. Not had a problem yet although there was an issues with the boards he was stocking as the knockouts were terrible but he's changed supplier now and they are much better. Really good bloke to deal with and would certainly recommend dealing with him.

Each to his own, and the SBS Dave looks as if he's running a good service.

However, I just wonder what you do when he's no longer in business regarding spares & replacements, how he would handle a product recall and so still not convinced installing such a product.

Reply to Double pole circuit breakers/RCBOs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net