• Thread starter Deleted member 102649
  • Start date

Discuss Down to the Nitty-Gritty in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Deleted member 102649

Hello everyone.
I'm not a qualified electrician, just an enthusiastic home developer.
Both my wife and I have built/rebuilt/improved quite a few houses and flats between us over the years. I've done most sorts of electrical installation work, with help and guidance, then left the final checks and connections to the professionals.
No doubt there will be quite a few questions as we get down to the nitty-gritty in the latter stages of our latest venture - a somewhat neglected and very outdated dormer bungalow, with three phase electrics and an off-peak, blown air, storage heating system.
Willum ;-)

Welcome to the forum mate.

Welcome, do you have a specific question, or are you just letting the forum know your intentions?

Hello everyone.
I'm not a qualified electrician, just an enthusiastic home developer.
Both my wife and I have built/rebuilt/improved quite a few houses and flats between us over the years. I've done most sorts of electrical installation work, with help and guidance, then left the final checks and connections to the professionals.
No doubt there will be quite a few questions as we get down to the nitty-gritty in the latter stages of our latest venture - a somewhat neglected and very outdated dormer bungalow, with three phase electrics and an off-peak, blown air, storage heating system.
Willum ;-)
Welcome to the forum!
3 phase electrics you say? Is it a farm, or have a nearby work shop or additional buildings?

Both a statement of intent and,
Welcome to the forum!
3 phase electrics you say? Is it a farm, or have a nearby work shop or additional buildings?
I guess, an idea for those with any experience of such (3 phase domestic) oddities that there may well be some unusual questions. It was only ever a house, built in the 1970's and no farm, or workshop associations.
To be perfectly honest, most of the 3 phase issues have been resolved. I'm guessing it was installed in the house because the person who built it had access to a large, industrial, 3 phase heating system - which it what it is. It's basically a centralised 15 Kw storage heater and actually works quite well, with ducting buried throughout the house. Turns out he was a local character, recycling (re-purposing is, I believe, the current bs phrase) lots of stuff. We have found a lot of bits and pieces, all through the house, that have had at least one previous life - and that included some of the electrical switch gear. (it says 'included', not 'includes' 'cos it was really awful - and it's GONE!)
Willum ;-)

Reply to Down to the Nitty-Gritty in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net