Discuss Downlight above a shower head in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

H

Hammertim

Having some downlights installed in my shower, they are ip65 and I was wondering is it ok to have a downlight 280mm above the showerhead?
May seem like a stupid question but just want to make sure.

Thanks

it's the wiring regs. you have to comply with. if you're an electrician you will have a copy. if not, then you should inform your local building control of the work, pay then around £300, or get an electrician in.

After reading the post again your probably right and my post uncalled for, however he must be concerned about his spark if the case haha.

Options are:

1. He/ she is checking the electricians work. If so, the sparks has not instilled much confidence with the client and if so the probability is that he does not have the necessary qualifications or knowledge to carry out this work.

2. He/ she is employing a 'handyman' or bathroom fitter to do the work and he she does not have the necessary qualifications or knowledge to do this work.

3. He/ she is doing the work his/ herself and doesn't have the necessary qualifications or knowledge to carry out this work.

Either way there is not a person on site who is qualified or has knowledge to carry out this work.

Elementary my dear Watson!

The last ones I saw, which had been installed by a plumber were right against the joists above. Not good!

Reply to Downlight above a shower head in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock