Discuss Downloads Section For Pdf's And White Goods Instructions Etc Any Good? in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Supporter
Reaction score
XenForo.com has a really good downloads system, https://xenforo.com/community/resources/ that they sell, and perhaps would be handy for us to have, so that we can upload guides and PDF instructions and things for boilers and whatnot perhaps?

Do you think it'd be a handy thing to have?

And not just that, do you guys have enough stuff to upload to it to make it useful?

@Dan I am sure between us all we must have a fair bit of stuff, we had a sticky in the trainee section ( think it was the ts anyway ) where we started to load pdf's and before long other members and even trainees started to add to it.
I think the biggest key to the forums success is trying to keep these sections busy and buzzing for the members, The trainee section is the perfect example of that, because it can be so hard to keep coming up with ideas to keep their attention and in the end the staff were coming up with competitions and prizes out of our own pockets just to keep it active.

On that note would you be able to sweet talk any of our sponsors into donating some stuff, it could be t shirts etc, I think if we could get a steady stream of small litttle treats for competitions then that would work better than one big occassional prize. Just food for thought for you.

A downloads system would be great if you're not worried about the hosting costs of the documents. Obviously with dropbox and photobucket links they often end up as dead links if the files are moved or account changes or closes. First prize is to have the actual file itself.

A downloads section would be great if done correctly. A lot of forums have stickies in sections with Manuals, Diagrams etc, but a proper downloads section could be much better than that. I've a folder on Google Drive that I have all the Manuals and Diagrams I have needed to date (generally heating and some alarms)

A downloads system would be great if you're not worried about the hosting costs of the documents. Obviously with dropbox and photobucket links they often end up as dead links if the files are moved or account changes or closes. First prize is to have the actual file itself.
Yeah we would need to host the files for sure. They're not too big generally. We have plenty of space.

Reply to Downloads Section For Pdf's And White Goods Instructions Etc Any Good? in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock