Discuss Drawing software. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Sintra

Staff member
Esteemed
Supporter
Reaction score
I need some drawing software to pull me out of a hole until I get autocad reinstalled onto my PC. Need to be able to do scale equipment layout plans and elevations.

Anyone know of anything free or cheapish that would do the job.

serif draw X5 is on offer at ÂŁ19.99 at the moment, as X6 is the current version. i pushed them and got it for ÂŁ9.99. can't say how good it is yet as there's a conflict with windows vista N. got to contact serif to sort it.

Take a look at OpenOffice. I've not paid money to MS for years!! The drawing package is quite powerful once you've gotten to grips with it.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.openoffice.org

If you're looking for free cad for drafting 2d drawing, try the Solid Edge 2D drafting. The 3D version come at a price but the 2d version is free. Not sure with what limitation though. You can try download it here.

Good luck!

Thanks guys. I will have a dabble at those tomorrow when I'm back on company time as for now there is beer to be consumed.

Got sorted today using ms paint that was already installed on my PC but had never opened. It done the job for a few layouts that I needed. Can't wait to get my autocad reinstalled though :)

Reply to Drawing software. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, As an one man band electrician I've never had much need to use CAD software but since expanding more into fire alarms and emergency...
Replies
Views
Eh up :) I've done some new PDF forms for BS7671 18th Edition Amendment 2 2022 (the Big Brown Book), based on the IET model forms. You can fill...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I've just been perusing the AM2/E/S threads on here. Thought you might like a bit of a review. If, like I did, you find yourself...
Replies
Views
A bit of a mini essay but these questions have been building up in my mind over the last weeks and months as I've been studying and volunteering...
Replies
Views
Hi First time with this kind of a job for me. I have a scenario where i am planning to install about 50m 25mm TPN from a TNCS supply to supply a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock