Discuss Drayton Digistat +RF losing connection in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

rolyberkin

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
As per the title, I have a digistat +RF which is losing its connection, it has until now worked fine for eight years, last week i decorated the office so the only difference is the colour of the paint I connect it and it runs fine during the day and then overnight when the time clock switches off it loses it's wireless connection. The only way I can get it to work is then re pairing it to the base unit, it then works fine all day, there is a live connection to the base and Drayton technical have scratched their heads. I have today bent the battery terminals slightly to give it a better connection and tomorrow will again change the batteries, any other ideas?

n

Resurrecting this thread for posterities sake as I am still having connection problems, having read up this could be due to a failed capacitor. So probably has connection just not firing system. Have ordered a new capacitor £3.29, will let you know how it goes.

Resurrecting this thread for posterities sake as I am still having connection problems, having read up this could be due to a failed capacitor. So probably has connection just not firing system. Have ordered a new capacitor £3.29, will let you know how it goes.

Capacitor in the programmer ?
Have you tested the capacitor or are you guessing?
Is it not just easier and cheaper to buy a new RF Stat, after all it is eight years old and they don't last forever.
Honeywell are good !

I've actually found the Drayton ones to be the most reliable. I actually have the same model as described above in my house.

Wired is always best if possible of course though.

Yes I can buy an RF stat for £28, in the past I have preferred to stick to the makes and models I know and £59 is about where it is at for that model stat unless you gamble on buying a cheapo copy or recon off ebay. Having said that it may be time to experiment with a cheaper alternative. The only problem with this one is it is quite a way from the receiver and I cannot get a cable across.

Yes I can buy an RF stat for £28, in the past I have preferred to stick to the makes and models I know and £59 is about where it is at for that model stat unless you gamble on buying a cheapo copy or recon off ebay. Having said that it may be time to experiment with a cheaper alternative. The only problem with this one is it is quite a way from the receiver and I cannot get a cable across.

It's like pulling teeth! A decent trade supplier will have the Drayton digistat 1 RF for around £30

Reply to Drayton Digistat +RF losing connection in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net