Discuss Dylan in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
As a child of the 50s and 60s I was forever hearing about Bob Dylan ( now I expect a lot slagging off) but I never rated Bob, and as for a Nobel Prize, for what exactly? I can certainly stand the abuse I may get so can anyone enlighten me on why he deserves the accolade?

I've never rated him either Pete so you're not on your own. A mate of mine who does likehim finally got to see him live a couple of years ago and said he was absoloutely shocking as a live performer.
The only song I have time for is " the times they are a changing " which I do rate as a great song.

Yeah, Dylan was poetic to a point but worthy of the ultimate literary award...I think not. I'm a big Dylan fan and always have been but I really don't know what they were thinking TBH.

Yeah but Hendrix, a great musician that he was would qualify even less than Dylan for a literary prize. My first thought when I heard about them awarding it to a singer/songwriter was why not Leonard Cohen instead of Dylan?

Or Lennon even.
I like Dylan too to be fair . Pretty profound stuff in it's day considering what was going on.

while we're on a music topic. RIP Pete Burns.

Reply to Dylan in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net