Discuss E110 Has No Display in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

PembsDan

Hi Guys

I hope someone can help

We have an E110 generation meter that has lost its display , the inverter in the loft has power and a green light , and the meter itself also has power (i had an electrician come in and he confirmed this for me)

We inherited the system in June and previous owners had it installed in June 2013 , the company who installed it told previous owner the guarantee was transferable to the new owners at no cost , yet the company tell me when i try to change the details of the home owner its £500 to transfer it !

Any help appreciated

Thank You

The meter has had it...

They came out today , said the same , but cant change it without permission from the supplier apparently

Sounds like a pain in the arse. So what's the next step then? Is the solar firm still not budging on the guarantee?

It is, but there has been no more mention of the mystical £500 , they are just getting on with the job to replace it as far as i know

I knew it would turn into an issue , Eon tell me that them needing to give the OK for a new Gen meter is absolute rubbish (their words)

I have gone back to the company concerned and await a call from the manager , Eon also said if there were readings to obtain somehow from the Inverter it would the install/supply company who would be able to get them , but the engineer yesterday didn't have a clue how to do that

it's a simple task to swap out the meter, then notify the fit supplier of the change of metering details.

Unfortunately if the screen is bust then you're a bit scoobied on the generation since the last reading, unless the fit supplier is saying they'll take the inverter reading instead.

Hi

Mine is the one i uploaded a pic of

the one here http://www.test-meter.co.uk/landis-and-gyr-e110-electricity-meter/

looks a little different , just cosmetic ? can i get this one and get the spark to change it over?

20160831_133929.jpg

when was that fitted and has it ever worked?

The wiring looks wrong, it's certainly wrong for all the E110's we've ever fitted, but then it also looks different and has a combined neutral block on the right, so maybe they've introduced a new model.

Usually it would have live from the inverter into the left, then neutral from inverter, then neutral to mains, then live to mains.

It's quite hard to work out what they've done here with the terminal block, also why they've got a grey cable in there.

To be honest its all beyond me Gavin , the grey cable leads to the CU
The E110 in their now is 3 years old , the one i linked to i assumed is a newer model ?

What should i do?

Have you ever actually seen this meter working with your own eyes?

We often fit the one in your link. I've never seen the one in your photo.

Is the metal tag a meter seal? Who sealed it? Is it intact? How is it possible to access the screws and terminals with an intact seal? (The whole point of a seal is to prevent tampering!)

I thought Landis meters had slotted (minus sign) screws rather than Phillips (or Pozidriv)? That's a bit odd as well.

Yes , this meter worked up until my electrician swopped out my CU , up to then the solar was sharing an rcd with the sockets , so it is now connected to a new board via the grey cable and ever since hasnt worked

Now , because the meter has been `tampered` with the company who installed it wont help, understandable i suppose ,but i feel a bit stuck now as if its wired wrong then i dont suppose i should get the original spark back in

sounds like it's been wired wrong then, and may well function when wired correctly, or not if he's blown the meter first, then just wired it up and not said anything.

I have been told by the company who installed originally (who came out before they realised my spark had tampered) and the spark himself that there is power to the meter so everyones assuming the displays gone kaput

Is my only option finding a spark comfortable with generation meters and ask him to have a look?

sounds like the spark wired it wrong, blew the display, then wired it back up correctly and scarpered.

The wiring of the meter isn't a problem for any spark, sorting it out with the fit supplier is probably best done by a pv company used to such things. Won't your original company even do it if paid a call out fee? Or weren't they a local company?

Cheers Gavin

I am west wales ,they are Port Talbot , so not a million miles away . they tell me they wont swop out any meter without suppliers permission as they say suppliers look for any reason to withdraw the Feed in tariffs , yet when i spoke to eon , they told me (twice) this was absolute nonsense , plus , the company who installed have the hump my spark tampererd with the meter so arent exactly rushing to help me

I have a massive white elephant sat on my roof !

Reply to E110 Has No Display in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net