Discuss Earth rod testing. in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

KNIPEX

basically to cut a long story short otherwise i will be typing for ever

i have to put a large earth rod in for a customer for his main earth,

what i need to know is how can i test this rod to make sure it complies, i dont want to just put it in the ground and leave it like some would do i want to do a proper job.

i have a fluke 1653 tester so if anyone could advise me what i need to do and what reading i should expect that would be great.

thanks in advance.

Put the rod in dissconnect MEC fom cu (after isolation the cu) put meter into loop mode (Zi) connect green croc to MEC, connect blue probe to neutral terminal of main switch, connect red probe to line terminal of main switch, now test.

All you are doing is Ze test.

Or
Get the proprietary (spelling?) test kit that consists of stakes & cables, & using these you can get the Earth resistance.
If the tester picks up a voltage greater than 10v it'll stop the test.

By the way you'll be after a reading <200Mohm

Reply to Earth rod testing. in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello All I was pondering an idea recently regarding the ground connection to my property. At present it has a combined Neutral to earth at the...
Replies
Views
Short version: does code specify a minimum distance from the panel to the first grounding rod, and if so, what is that distance? Long version...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I own a country Villa out in the Spain countryside. Was having problems with water pressure so local tradesmen advised to get a water...
Replies
Views
Afternoon all I am looking for some advice as on what to with the suppliers earth after a conversion to a TT system. Current issue is earthing...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Would like some advice on the below. Context: Rural French domestic installation TT system Earth rod is situated inside the property...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock