Discuss Earthing Arrangement? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

LankyWill

Evening All

I did an install Saturday Night in a warehouse, as per quote by the office. The circuit i connected up was a panel heater cct in the conference room. The dis-board was fed from a MEM Panel Board and all test results satisfactory. I went to find the panel board in the warehouse to get info on supply characteristics and it was in a locked cupboard(NO KEY!). Flew in on the way to uni this morning and came across a head scratcher.

Mains comes into an ACB(air circuit breaker) panel. First id seen, cool bit of kit. Then onto the MEM panel board etc The main earth was via a strap(copper) that followed the mains cable into an underground duct and disappeared. I couldnt find the cutout anywhere and their wasn't an external hut either.

Im unsure what to state on the EIC as i cant ascertain the exact info, i think its TNS but would rather not assume.

Reply to Earthing Arrangement? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm in a questions asking mood tonight. I briefely looked at a job today and I need to recommend a board change but need to justify it. Firstly...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I have been tasked with upgrading some old rewireable fuseboards for a food warehouse that runs continually 24/7. I was asked to do an...
Replies
Views
When doing an EIC for an additional circuit (which only covers that circuit), does the 'main switch/switch-fuse/circuit-breaker/RCD' section refer...
Replies
Views
Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster here. Straight down to it.. A friend asked me to add some sockets and additional lights to a small...
Replies
Views
I realise this overlaps with the Earth Rod install post a little, but I am attempting to plan part one of an upgrade. Currently I am mostly...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock