Discuss Economy 7 Installation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Personally, I put immersion on own 16A radial and a local switch. This is so I don't put heavy point load on the RFC and I duck the FCU ratings question :) .
Looking at a 3KW Everflow, its rated 3KW at 240V and 2.7KW at 230V, so about 12.5A and 12A. If it was a decent quality FCU it should be fine, but perhaps not a cheap-and-nasty ?

View attachment 35405

I must admit, that I previously would not use a FCU to isolate an immersion heater, I would use a 20amp DP switch. I have used a Timeguard timer before (no fuse), to control an immersion, as it was suitable rated and described as suitable by the manufacturer for that purpose.

However, it just the fusing that's 'confusing' me :)

I agree the load and current etc, but reading the discussion in that other forum, which gives rise to my puzzlement. But I guess if the manufacturer states the device is suitable for a resistive load up to 3kW, then its okay to use in these circumstances.

Reply to Economy 7 Installation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I am asking on behalf of a friend who has an outbuilding that he uses as an art studio, the building is fully insulated and is currently heated by...
Replies
Views
if a house has economy 7, off peak board and on peak board. and where the meter only energizes the off peak board during the night for the storage...
Replies
Views
I've a 3 phase storage heater currently wired to the main fuse box in an office I have. The heater has 2 supplies/isolators, 1 for charging at...
Replies
Views
Hi, need some advice, I moved over from Sse in 2020 to Octpus energy. Whilst I was with SSE I was on E10 when I went over to octopus they put me...
Replies
Views
Until last week I had a dual tariff electricity supply with a cheaper overnight tariff. This was good for the storage heating, but now the storage...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock