Discuss ECS application help? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

kayloh

-
Reaction score
Hi all,
so I've tried to apply for an ECS card but at the end it asked for the 2394 qualification, however when I looked at my certificates there's no mention about it. I called my college and they said that I haven't done the 607, but after speaking to my old lecturer he told me that my year did the 300 units so all the extras such as the 17th had to be paid separately which includes the 2394.

During that time we weren't told about this and we thought we had the 2394 but according to our certificates that's not the case. I've had to track down my old colleagues and tell them about this problem which they were not happy about. This is probably the college's fault for not informing us about this properly at that time.

I've looked up the course which costs £550 but the earliest booking I can find at the moment is until late April.

The certificates that I have are: the C&G 2357, AM2, 17th edition and the 2395.

What ECS card can I get with this while I wait to do the course? I'm I still able to have the title approved electrician without the 2394? and can I still join the NICEIC?

Many thanks.

If you already have an Ecs card and current h&s test cert go on the ecs website and renew your card, no need to supply any evidence as they already have it stored from your last card, assuming no change in the grade you are applying for.

If you already have an Ecs card and current h&s test cert go on the ecs website and renew your card, no need to supply any evidence as they already have it stored from your last card, assuming no change in the grade you are applying for.

You could get an electricians card but without the 2394 you would not be able to get an approved electricians card.

You would be able to join the NICEIC or any other self cerification scheme with those qualifications.

Reply to ECS application help? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net