Discuss Efficacy Insurance in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi,

Just about to renew my insurance, for PL and PI and Tools.

I am currently with Ageas via the NICEIC, and with the above, i also get £100k of Efficacy Cover.

The current policy is £690 per year, and the new company, via simply business, works out at £390 a year, so quite a big difference.

Both are exactly the same:

£5m Public Liability
£250k Professional Imdemnity
£10k Tool Cover
£100k Legal Cover

The only difference between them is the new policy does not have Efficacy Cover which at the minute is currently 15% of annual turnover max of £100k.

What do you think? Do I need it?

When I used niceic insurance they used towergate riskline and they did Thame cover for two of us for £390 for the year.

Efficacy cover basically insures you against something like a smoke alarm or burglar alarm system you install not performing as it should when required.
So if you ever install alarms then it's worth considering

Hi Dave,

I had a feeling it was that, I would doubt that any blame could come back to you if a smoke alarm doesn't perform, surely if its tested when installed and working, its not your problem if it packs up. You can hardly blame the installer if it breaks 6 months down the line.

I do frequently install alarm systems, these are all strictly sold as a "YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR IT" basis. They have the user, engineer and manager code for all. Again, they could fiddle with it.

I accept what you are saying but not sure if its going to benefit me really.

Reply to Efficacy Insurance in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock