Discuss EIC or EICR? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

ennaress

Sitting (or rather squeezing my belly into my tiny CU cupboard ) my NICEIC assessment (to join) next week. My case study is a new 6A radial circuit. It has its own way in the CU.
Do I complete an EIC on the basis that it's a new installation or an EICR on basis that it's connected to an existing CU/installation?

Hum... do you understand the difference between the 2 certificates, and which one you are obliged to use for a new circuit and part p?

Knowing what forms are relevant will be part of the assessment of your competence to undertake electrical work under their banner

Ask yourself,do you want to give the guy a report on the existing installation or do you want to give him a certificate detailing the work you carried out that shows it meets current regulations

Sitting (or rather squeezing my belly into my tiny CU cupboard ) my NICEIC assessment (to join) next week. My case study is a new 6A radial circuit. It has its own way in the CU.
Do I complete an EIC on the basis that it's a new installation or an EICR on basis that it's connected to an existing CU/installation?

I would just cancel the assessment for the time being, and do some more case studying :)

here's one:

aire_4wmedium_black_front_1_5.jpg

Domestic installation certificate

Based on the model forms in appendix 6 (informative)
Of course Other forms are available
The guy asked what cert to use!
So who uses these forms I use ordinary EICs for domestic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on the model forms in appendix 6 (informative)
Of course Other forms are available
The guy asked what cert to use!
I think most of the replies to this post have been answered in a way to try and make the original poster think for himself, and to come to the right conclusion to a question he should maybe know the answer to, at least that's my take, far to many people ask for the answer to a question rather than look for themselves, 1 poster even asked a question about the Regulations and said he couldn't be bothered to even look for his own copy.
You have to admit as a mentor I will always as far as possible try to steer the questioner to the answer rather than just come out with the answer.:):rolleyes:

Right Ian1981 banned from thread, all members posts either edited or deleted, Please now get the thread back on track, that lot cut into my Banana feast.

Reply to EIC or EICR? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net