Discuss EIC or EICR? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Domestic certs are usually what niceic want to see on a domestic install.
I don't think that's true - it simply saves you time "N/A"ing a lot of completely irrelevant information in a domestic installation. That doesn't mean that they don't accept a normal Electrical Installation Certificate for it - of course they do! It's in BS7671 for God's sake!

Domestic certs are usually what niceic want to see on a domestic install.

The NICEIC don't write the regs so please don't complicate matters.... the OP has identified 2 out of 3 standard forms in BS 7671 - the other being a minor works certificate. :D

Guys Ian is banned from the thread so can't answer you so can you not direct anymore posts at him.
It was the easiest option as the thread was going south quickly.

^^^ I don't care if he's banned or not..... the NICEIC can name certificates as they wish BUT there are only 3 forms in BS 7671 and that FACT is the point for anyone viewing this thread

I think most of the replies to this post have been answered in a way to try and make the original poster think for himself, and to come to the right conclusion to a question he should maybe know the answer to, at least that's my take, far to many people ask for the answer to a question rather than look for themselves, 1 poster even asked a question about the Regulations and said he couldn't be bothered to even look for his own copy.
You have to admit as a mentor I will always as far as possible try to steer the questioner to the answer rather than just come out with the answer.:):rolleyes:
Hello Trusted Advisor
I was reluctant to join this forum because as I said at the time, many others were full of keyboard warriors just out to make themselves feel bigger and better than the next guy, particularly those new to the trade.
Your comments - as well as some others have been very useful, thanks.
But with such comments like from Scalextric and Midwest, (which these guys would no doubt then just say it was friendly banter and that if you can't take the banter then you'd better give up) then it's clear this forum is just the same as the others and is full of guys who pick the easy targets, laugh with their mates then re-assure each other they're cool making others feel like ###t. Does Midwest think I'm going to throw away four years of hard study and work, and several grand and just cancel the assessment? Slept in class eh, Scalextric? Why do you feel you have tell everyone you're from Liverpool area? Who gives a monkeys? The fact you state you're proud of it, likely means you've got a huge potatoes on each shoulder about your twisted accent and inability to relate to the wider world.
Yes of course I know the difference between and EIC and EICR, I just thought in the pressure of prepping for an assessment I could share a quick question with my so-called chums.
I will close my account on this forum and yes, much to the deep joy of all these friendly chaps probably give up trying to improve myself by becoming a spark. Well done lads you must feel so proud!

Hello Trusted Advisor
I was reluctant to join this forum because as I said at the time, many others were full of keyboard warriors just out to make themselves feel bigger and better than the next guy, particularly those new to the trade.
Your comments - as well as some others have been very useful, thanks.
But with such comments like from Scalextric and Midwest, (which these guys would no doubt then just say it was friendly banter and that if you can't take the banter then you'd better give up) then it's clear this forum is just the same as the others and is full of guys who pick the easy targets, laugh with their mates then re-assure each other they're cool making others feel like ###t. Does Midwest think I'm going to throw away four years of hard study and work, and several grand and just cancel the assessment? Slept in class eh, Scalextric? Why do you feel you have tell everyone you're from Liverpool area? Who gives a monkeys? The fact you state you're proud of it, likely means you've got a huge potatoes on each shoulder about your twisted accent and inability to relate to the wider world.
Yes of course I know the difference between and EIC and EICR, I just thought in the pressure of prepping for an assessment I could share a quick question with my so-called chums.
I will close my account on this forum and yes, much to the deep joy of all these friendly chaps probably give up trying to improve myself by becoming a spark. Well done lads you must feel so proud!

Dear OP, I made one post in relation to your opening post, #6. My suggestion, was you should considered rescheduling your assessment as your grasp of aspects of BS7671 seem somewhat rudimentary, and you might therefore fail your assessment. My other posts (# 10 & 25) were as you say just banter, and not directed at you, in fact they were directed at other forum members, who seem to take the comments in the spirit they were meant.

I do not know who Scalextric is?

If you feel posts are inappropriate, should click the 'Report' button.

Good luck with your assessment

Reply to EIC or EICR? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net