Discuss EICR 3036 board - coding - meter tails in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Lumie

-
Reaction score
How would you code the following?

No RCD protection. I coded c2

Not amendment 3 compliant. I coded C3

Meter tails 16mm. I coded C3

Tested the installation and the test results were all compliant with BS7671.

Need more info mate, but for starters a plastic CU doesn't necessarily attract any code, though there are situations where it might.
So, type of supply, main fuse type/size, type of property viz sockets being used to supply equipment outside etc?

Im not doing the actual EICR, Ive just done it for practise.

But am I sure whether I should be doing EICRs, with enough experience, yes. But I didn't come here to discuss my competency with yourself, I came here for advice.

type of supply TN-S
Fuse type BS88 GG 100A
small two bed cottage
No sockets to supply outside equipment

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

If your maximum demand/load profile doesn't exceed the CCC of the 16mm tails and there's no signs of thermal damage I wouldn't even code the tails.

Im not doing the actual EICR, Ive just done it for practise.

But am I sure whether I should be doing EICRs, with enough experience, yes. But I didn't come here to discuss my competency with yourself, I came here for advice.

type of supply TN-S
Fuse type BS88 GG 100A
small two bed cottage
No sockets to supply outside equipment

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Maybe you should have supplied more information initially. The amount of people who come on here asking what side to butter their bread on is unbelievable.
One question, how have you decided none of the sockets will supply equipment out of doors, check in the shed for a lawnmower :)

How would you code the following?

No RCD protection. I coded c2

Not amendment 3 compliant. I coded C3

Meter tails 16mm. I coded C3

Tested the installation and the test results were all compliant with BS7671.

RCD protection for what? There are multiple things which require RCD protection, which would be coded differently depending on the exact situation.

What do you mean by not amendment 3 compliant? You can't just write down that the installation doesn't comply with regs and give it a code, you need to be specific with reference to a particular regulation.

What's wrong with 16mm meter tails? Are they showing any sign of overloading, thermal damage etc?

Maybe you should have supplied more information initially. The amount of people who come on here asking what side to butter their bread on is unbelievable.

I will bear that in mind for future posts.

The reason I coded it as a C2, is can all sockets supply outdoor equipment with an extension lead? Or is this the wrong way of looking at it?

RCD protection for what? There are multiple things which require RCD protection, which would be coded differently depending on the exact situation.

What do you mean by not amendment 3 compliant? You can't just write down that the installation doesn't comply with regs and give it a code, you need to be specific with reference to a particular regulation.

What's wrong with 16mm meter tails? Are they showing any sign of overloading, thermal damage etc?

Not amendment 3 compliant as the board is made from a combustable material.

My thinking behind the rating for the tails is, the supply cut out fuse is a higher rating than the 16mm tails. No sign of overloading or thermal damage.

Not necessarily, you could C2 that any socket outlets liable to supply equipment for use out of doors require 30ma rcd protection which covers you. Additional rcd protection also covers other aspects.

My thinking behind the rating for the tails is, the supply cut out fuse is a higher rating than the 16mm tails. No sign of overloading or thermal damage.
Using "ammendment 3 compliant" is poor terminology and you should be referring to the enclosure construction which is as you say is of combustible material but I personally wouldn't Code this at all but some people may.

You are assessing the continued safety of the installation and as such if the tails show no signs of overload and the CCC of the tails isnt exceeded then you have no code.

The quote the reg number you feel it doesn't comply with, not just the whole damn book! What combustible material is the board made of? You said it's a 3036 board and the vast majority of them were pretty damned incombustible, especially the wooden backed ones.

what I said the actual loading on the tails? For a two bed cottage you're unlikely to see more than 20A so 16mm tails really shouldn't have an issue. Have you confirmed that the fuse is 100A?

Using "ammendment 3 compliant" is poor terminology and you should be referring to the enclosure construction which is as you say is of combustible material but I personally wouldn't Code this at all but some people may.
I would code 3 it if the db was under the stairs or in an escape route to the property, hallway next to the front door for example.

The quote the reg number you feel it doesn't comply with, not just the whole damn book! What combustible material is the board made of? You said it's a 3036 board and the vast majority of them were pretty damned incombustible, especially the wooden backed ones.

what I said the actual loading on the tails? For a two bed cottage you're unlikely to see more than 20A so 16mm tails really shouldn't have an issue. Have you confirmed that the fuse is 100A?

Fair comment on the reg number, do you do that for every code?

Its a plastic board. Not quite sure what you mean by the wooden boards being damn near incombustible, when wood is very combustable?

The loading on the tails is minimal.

Just from the sticker on the cut out fuse. How else can you prove it? Im not contacting the DNO as this is just for practise.

Thanks for the help

Fair comment on the reg number, do you do that for every code?

Its a plastic board. Not quite sure what you mean by the wooden boards being damn near incombustible, when wood is very combustable?

The loading on the tails is minimal.

Just from the sticker on the cut out fuse. How else can you prove it? Im not contacting the DNO as this is just for practise.

Thanks for the help
It would be a limitation on the eicr if the fuse size is unknown.

Reply to EICR 3036 board - coding - meter tails in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net