Discuss EICR 3036 board - coding - meter tails in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Recently had a 'discussion' with an NICEIC registered Inspector on a site I was working on.
Apparently lighting within containers containing gensets should be RCD protected. The wiring for the lighting is all surface run.
The four lights were also spidered from an adaptable box rather than daisy chained. Another non-compliance.
Zs - Ze could be used to calculate the R1+R2 of the lighting circuits.
All the boxes in the schedule of test results must be filled in with either measured or calculated values. A note should be made where calculated values are used.
His main arguments were that he had passed his 2391, had been a QS for a number of years and knew the Regs backwards.
When asked he didn't know that Chapter 6 deals with I&T, though it might be Chapter 5. Couldn't explain why lights have to be daisy chained and was sure there is a Regulation stating Zs or R1+R2 can be calculated, but couldn't find it as he had no data left on his phone.
Finally he was of the opinion that IP54 rated equipment is not suitable for use outside, that it should be IP67.

Recently had a 'discussion' with an NICEIC registered Inspector on a site I was working on.
Apparently lighting within containers containing gensets should be RCD protected. The wiring for the lighting is all surface run.
The four lights were also spidered from an adaptable box rather than daisy chained. Another non-compliance.
Zs - Ze could be used to calculate the R1+R2 of the lighting circuits.
All the boxes in the schedule of test results must be filled in with either measured or calculated values. A note should be made where calculated values are used.
His main arguments were that he had passed his 2391, had been a QS for a number of years and knew the Regs backwards.
When asked he didn't know that Chapter 6 deals with I&T, though it might be Chapter 5. Couldn't explain why lights have to be daisy chained and was sure there is a Regulation stating Zs or R1+R2 can be calculated, but couldn't find it as he had no data left on his phone.
Finally he was of the opinion that IP54 rated equipment is not suitable for use outside, that it should be IP67.
If you felt aggrieved by this I hope you reported it?

If the main fuse is 60 amp then 16mm tails are fine and don't attract a code the consumer unit being 3036 might not get a code either id no modifications are evident but the rcd matter does need a code and reg number don't just chuck the whole book at it

Reply to EICR 3036 board - coding - meter tails in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net