Discuss eicr buried cables in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

thekingiam

doing an eicr and have swa going into outside enclosure into terminal block into 10mm twin and earth then into plastic trunking going underground to outbuilding located about 15 meters away.
outbuildings electrics are then split using fcu's for lighting electric door an alarm etc.
i am looking into what regs say and i thought twin and earth needed beter protection than the plastic corugated enclosures?
page 122 on site guide says for use underground in conduits or pipes?

Another problem a shower cable has been run in pvc trunking and sealed with silicon down from ceiling and into bottom of shower what reg if any?

If there isn't a means of a single point of isolation at the outbuilding it won't comply!! The outbuilding's electrical supply needs, should be met by a CU with DP isolator or RCD device, (depending on arrangement) with an appropriate number of OCPD ways.

If this 10mm cable has been installed in that flimsy corrugated conduit, it's probably already crushed on to the cable, under the weight of back-filled soil!! Personally i'd never even contemplate using T&E cable in any underground routed conduit/duct. It was never designed for such installations!!

I would test the circuit and ensure readings are good.
LIM the reference method as you can't prove it on an EICR.
Put an observation down down if you feel that way inclined.

You cant put a limitation on for the installation method, it should have N/V "not verified". limitation is not for this purpose. In my humble opinion it is code 3. Cant justify code 2 because what is the worse that can happen? the cable crushes and the breaker trips.

Cheers...........Howard

Reply to eicr buried cables in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net