Discuss EICR - No RCD protection to a Working Men's Club in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sparky2504

I have recently carried out an EICR at a Working Men's Club, there are offices, function rooms, kitchen etc.
None of the circuits have RCD protection, majority of wiring is within the walls, (less than 50mm)

The staff are not skilled, the function rooms are my main concerns for this, as everybody can use these sockets for whatever they bring!

My feeling is at the very least any circuits with sockets accessible to public should be RCD protected.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

they should have RCD protection. if for general use, the fitting of RCD sockets would be a viable option to negate a C2 coding. as for the buried cables, before 2008, this was not a requirement, so a C3 would be appropriate.

C3 for the sockets without RCD protection unless they can feed outside equipment. No different from a house, same people using the sockets there.

C3 for cables buried less then 50mm. If you've confirmed that?.

Your opinion though.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

C3 for the sockets without RCD protection unless they can feed outside equipment. No different from a house, same people using the sockets there.

C3 for cables buried less then 50mm. If you've confirmed that?.

Your opinion though.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Thank you.
Yes cables are less than 50mm.

Reply to EICR - No RCD protection to a Working Men's Club in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everybody, I've been asked to do a EICR in a commercial property, So i popped in to have a look on my way home quickly and found the lighting...
Replies
Views
Good day. First time poster. We recently had an electrician perform the EICR, as this is a newly purchased property I thought'd I would have the...
Replies
Views
I decided to get solar panels, the inverter instructions say one can use type AC, so the existing 14 x RCBO CU seems OK, may be a good idea to fit...
Replies
Views
Evening all, If a socket circuit is not RCD protected via an RCD/RCBO and there isn't the option of fitting an additional RCD enclosure or...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I am rewiring a commercial launderette with 3 phase machinery. Does the machinery need to be RCD protected being in commando sockets...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock