Discuss Eicr on a pub in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

Anthony King

Dont you just love it, all the punters must think they are a dab hand at electrics, and the must all be willing to do it for a few pints.

First switch i drop the cover off and i find this, its like a rats nest, ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363604346.519668.jpg

Anyone else do many eicr's on pubs? And do you come across thing like this quite oftern?

that's pretty much normal for a pub. you should see some farm jobs for real bodges.

Theres more tel, ill get some pics, looks like im going to be here a while anyway. Never done any farm buildings. Also how common is a 2 phase supply into a building?

not very common, depends on the demand. 2 phases will give twice the capacity.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363605687.877474.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1363605736.708200.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1363605779.793436.jpg

That cable thats chopped in pic 2 was live aswell, pic 3 that yellowed spur does the emg lighting off a differant db upstairs(took a while to find) and pic 1 there are not many words out there to describe it

Lol its looking that way, just what you want to find on a monday eh? Im spending more time disconnecting the live cables hanging everywhere than testing but nevermind, one of the joys of the job i suppose.

look on the bright side. you won't have far to go for beer.

Problem is tel i have to drive home (an hours drive) and im sure the gaffa would be happy with me carrying out an eicr with a pint in hand,

Marcusone your more than welcome to come up and give me a hand.

And cheers toonlad, im going to need to pull something out the bag here

The great thing about PIRs in a pub include the above examples of bodges, having to scrape vast quantities of smokers tar and dried beer out of the fittings and last and by no means least the dead head layabout losers that sit there all day, on incapacity benefit drinking gallons of beer and telling you how to do your job.

Here a few more for you lot:
2y4yqydu.jpg
ta7eryba.jpg
umypeduv.jpg
gy9uju3e.jpg
qy6a2ydy.jpg
zevynuqe.jpg

Bare earths, joint main earths, 2.5mm flex protected by 60A fuse, earths cut out. And its only tuesday

Reply to Eicr on a pub in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net