Discuss EICR QUESTION in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Ryan102

Hi all,

Hope your having a good week up to now. I am an industrial electrician and have carried out inspection and testing on large scales down to small domestic households but always done it through a firm so dont get involved in the paperwork/sending side.

My friend requires a EICR carrying out for a new property he is looking to buy he knows i can test and have my own calibrated gear BUT can i submit my own EICR as non scheme member?

I said id enquire but it was obviously be a "foreigner" and not sure where i stand as not registered company ect.

I hold 2394/2395, 17th, Diploma, AM2, usual stuff but just wondering where i stand?

Help would be appreciated.

You dont need to be with a scheme to conduct an eicr but you do need to have the correct insurances in place. Could you not do it through your firm? An up front approach to the bosses may not get thrown out as fast as you think they may respect you being upfront and not doing things behind there back.

There is no rule that says you must be "registered" to do EICR. And clearly amply qualified and experienced, should not be a problem. When you say "submit" to whom or what? You will only be giving to your friend. And I am sure you are only too aware what happens if you get it wrong. I presume you have liability and indemnity insurance?

There is no rule that says you must be "registered" to do EICR. And clearly amply qualified and experienced, should not be a problem. When you say "submit" to whom or what? You will only be giving to your friend. And I am sure you are only too aware what happens if you get it wrong. I presume you have liability and indemnity insurance?
i dont have insurances. Its to be submitted to estate agents so he can accurate price ect. Ive not even seen the house yet its just processing and he may require a EICR carrying out.

Its basically me carry out EICR and give it to estate agents.

You dont need to be with a scheme to conduct an eicr but you do need to have the correct insurances in place. Could you not do it through your firm? An up front approach to the bosses may not get thrown out as fast as you think they may respect you being upfront and not doing things behind there back.

My firm are NIC but we dont do any testing, we install electric pumps on various sites off generators ect and deal with different side and they wouldnt do it. If i was still in my old firm they wouldnt of had a issue but with these not doing it then they wont already asked. Its a unique membership to NIC for temporary installs ect

Well if its for an Estate agent I am sure there will be a higher standard called for. You may not be able to do it, or should I say you could do it but it probably will not be accepted.

Well if its for an Estate agent I am sure there will be a higher standard called for. You may not be able to do it, or should I say you could do it but it probably will not be accepted.
Im also considering getting my own insurance and signing up to Stroma since its so cheap and doing some work after work testing/board changes,

How much do you think insurance is for the year? and what would i require? Indemnity and liability? as im technically giving advice with EICRs

Reply to EICR QUESTION in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net