Discuss EICR - time taken to complete in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jjnr78

Is it just me or is it taking 4 times as long to complete the new EICR. I inspected an office and workshop with 2 CUs and therefore using the multiple boards cert...its a joke. Doing it through Amtech probably isnt helping, but i'm thinking of putting the cost up! I can just about understand the many lists of inspection schedules, it will mean nothing to a client.
icon8.png

I prefer the EICR to the pir as I feel it is clearer, not only for the tester but also for the client. As for time to complete paperwork, I always let client know there is a charge for paperwork included and I will adjust cost to take extra time into account.

I'm not sure it is clearer. I was confident that I produced a very detailed PIR report complete with photos, additional comments (like emergency lighting, fire detection), drawings of the building with all inspected items higlighted with r2 values. I would explain the issues and a covering letter with the minimum for what needed to be carried out with associated costs. The new EICR had added more of the pages that people simply skip over as they dont understand them. there are some 120 items to inspect and note which is ridiculous. i feel that they are penalising those that carried out PIR well and produced good repoprting techniques and have introduced a new tick list for those that didnt, so to force them into taking note. Well, i feel people will just ignore them and falsify the coding.

And yes Jase, my report is at 13 pages without the individual comments!

I dont envy you. If you are using a software, I have found out however that you can use comments to your advantage; for example leave all schedule items as n/a unless you need to highlight an issue.

I have to say its very thorough, but there are so many cross overs and duplicated items. Oh well, guess we've just got to deal with it...again

I've got another single DB install tomorrow, so it may be a little easier now. I think my biggest issue was that i attended site using the old PIR and have had to convert everything into the EICR new money system. i truely believe it'll force people to cut corners and stop peopl like me adding more value by issuing photos etc as i would be abloe to charge for the time spent.

I have only just gone back to work this week, and my first booked in EICR is that factory in the next week, maybe the one after, they want to know roughly how much it will be.....No Idea!!

Just had the pleasure of my first EICR, I know its all new etc, but it took me ages to get all those little boxes checked using my netbook, I'm sure that your average clients eyes will just mist over just like with the good old PIRs, I really cant see the point in changing as I've still ended up typing a seperate sheet to explain all the findings.
As a sole trader keeping up with all these changes is driving me nuts...

takes me extra 5 mins on paper work... i like it and teh wording is more nicer than previous!! even my apprentice of 6 montsh knows to tick teh box if it looks ok!!

well i thought is just 5 pages including guidance note for recipients.. suppose how many faults and how many circuits you have= more pages for observations and reccomendations

Just completed my 1st EICR today with 5 D/B's it has taken me hours to complete.i test all over country doing theese tests for eg.a hotel with 0n average 30 D/B's i think its time to hang my tester up .

I've got to do a office complex next week with two 36 way DB's and a couple of sub boards in server rooms.....reckon the paperwork..(NIC click software)...will take at least a day.:sad_smile:

Theres me feeling sorry for myself with my little domestic inspection, good luck, hope you have good battery life on you p.c thingy or whatever

I did one today, 30 circuits 2 boards, 8am - 6pm now I understand what the lads are moaning about ( yes I do get off my arse now and again! )

Reply to EICR - time taken to complete in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net