Discuss EICR wiring diagrams. in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

lebtek

Hi all sparks,
My name is Mick and I want to know if any of you sparks can advise me if there is a market for EICR wiring diagrams drawn in AutoCAD, which is basically a picture of the Schedule of Results page.

I would have thought that there would be a very limited market for having to prepare more paperwork for an EICR, there is enough to do already and having to devise a wiring diagram as well would be a work of supererogation.

I would have thought that there would be a very limited market for having to prepare more paperwork for an EICR, there is enough to do already and having to devise a wiring diagram as well would be a work of supererogation.
Big word Richard, what does it mean?:D

That makes 2 of us mate, was going to look it up in the dictionary. Then I realised, I couldn't spell it never mind say it:confused:

I am sorry about that previous attempt to post. I am having problems with posting just now.

I am the same as you , I am a belt and braces man too.
I tend to think too much about the people following me.

Last edited:
Yes, I am aware that nobody wants to do more paper work than necessary, but what if an affordable service was offered whereby it was done for you. All the information is already supplied on the EICR,

Yes, I am aware that nobody wants to do more paper work than necessary, but what if an affordable service was offered whereby it was done for you. All the information is already supplied on the EICR,
"All the information is already supplied on the EICR"
It is this statement that makes me think it is not necessary. For a domestic EICR the pricing is too low and the time taken is too great to allow any extras; for a commercial EICR this would be a gimmick that may appeal to customers but would probably not appeal to any electrician, although some electrical companies may feel it is an extra level of service.
Presumably it would be a pictorial schedule of circuit details rather than the usual table, pretty but not really gaining anything, I think.

Thank you Richard, Your opinion is most welcome. I would agree that it would be more monetary tailored to the commercial side especially when numerous dist. boards are involved. As for gaining anything I would imagine, for all follow-up inspections, the diagram will be helpful in tracing circuits.

Reply to EICR wiring diagrams. in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock