Discuss Eicr in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

I don't mind them at all, but they are no more frequent than once every three weeks for me so it doesn't grind on me.

don't mind doing the testing, but hate filling in the 99 page forms.

Do it day in day out, luv it especially when the site is a bit unusual. Rarely touch domestics though.

Every couple of months I get asked to help on social housing projects. EICRs. 5 a day. I can only hack 3 days a week or I get so bored I want to pull my teeth out, the other team do 5days a week...its some seriously good money.
Have a license for their software so can type results straight into iPad, just click upload when property is finished.

How long each.? That seems very quick.. Including written up reports or is this done in office? I wouldnt take on more than 3 of these in a day 2 man team and done thourough. What are your lims and extent covered.?

5 a day.? How many of you and how many circuits per property.? I do enjoy an eicr not every day tho

See post number 8 :D

I used to work for an I&T company, where, after driving 100s of miles around the North of England doing about 4 periodics or PAT jobs per day, would then have to test a certain brand of bank in the evening.
These banks normally consist of >10 boards, plus some server of whathaveyou would take at least an hour to shutdown ... then start all over again the following morning.

How much actual serious testing do you think gets done under those conditions?

It's a cowboy industry. I jacked it in after about 3 months.

How long each.? That seems very quick.. Including written up reports or is this done in office? I wouldnt take on more than 3 of these in a day 2 man team and done thourough. What are your lims and extent covered.?
Computer written. Had the software on an iPad, templated so most info already filled.
That's how I felt before I started the contract. Lims were no moving of heavy items, cookers fridges etc. No accessing loft, under floor, no testing of any heating except isolation switch. Think that was all.
Hard work, but easy to do 5 in a day.

So what about IR test on lights and ring circuits? Testing bonding? Buggs me people flying through EICR's ticking boxes at dirt cheap prices not doing a thourough jobs and sheet full of lims!! Not insinuating that you do this atall, just good to get insight to diferent peoples approach, maybe i go in to deep when doing eicr's.

So what about IR test on lights and ring circuits? Testing bonding? Buggs me people flying through EICR's ticking boxes at dirt cheap prices not doing a thourough jobs and sheet full of lims!! Not insinuating that you do this atall, just good to get insight to diferent peoples approach, maybe i go in to deep when doing eicr's.
Well, does feel like you are insinuating something. I happen to take pride in my job and wouldn't put my name to something if I wasn't happy. Very short sighted view there.
Full sequence of testing done, properly

Reply to Eicr in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net