Discuss eicr in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

It seems to boil down to what tickles your fancy
Are you person 1 or person 2 ?

Person 1
Carry out an eicr to get numbers to fill up the many optional little boxes on a multi purpose test sheet
(You'll commonly hear it said, the less writing an EICR has on it (as in test results), the less that bit of paperwork is worth.)

Person 2
Carry out an eicr with minimal disruption and dismantling whilst verifying the safety of the installation
( Guidance Note 3 which suggests that a full continuity of ring final circuit conductors test may not be warranted or necessary where records exist for existing ring final circuits and where no alterations to that circuit have been made)

I personally find tiresome ticks leads one to tend to lose the plot

(The altered quotes used above have served the purpose of my post only,they are not a reflection on the content agreed or otherwise of the posts they originated from):)

Carry out an eicr with minimal disruption and dismantling whilst verifying the safety of the installation
( Guidance Note 3 which suggests that a full continuity of ring final circuit conductors test may not be warranted or necessary where records exist for existing ring final circuits and where no alterations to that circuit have been made)

How many domestic eicrs have you done where this paperwork was available AND no alterations were made. Fair enough, I'm new to the game, but I reckon it's not all that often anyway

How many domestic eicrs have you done where this paperwork was available AND no alterations were made. Fair enough, I'm new to the game, but I reckon it's not all that often anyway

Just trying to see if there are enough fingers on my one hand to give an accurate figure
Ok finished counting and Yes there were ample fingers to answer truthfully:)
You have a very valid point,I have tested for councils/housing associations and never been given previous results to compare,however,If they are available and depending on your assessment of any alteration or potching etc,the point stands

Just because something on the surface appears not to been have altered, never assume it has not.

An EICR is a "snap shot" of a installation this is NICEIC's view, i spend about 5 full working days a year on site with them and constant review of jobs and certificates.

The less you take apart the better, you more likely to cause a fault. A good tester should be able to use there skill and judgment on just how much needs opening up. The numbers and readings are just a small part of a EICR.

I agree the less dismantling the better during an eicr but ring final conductors end to end is a must for me, i do not however do the full 3 step ring final tests but do zs at every socket outlet. Who does do the 3 step test on an eicr?
I do the three step. If you're dismantling for end to end then there's no extra skin off your back to do the other two steps

An EICR is a "snap shot" of a installation this is NICEIC's view, i spend about 5 full working days a year on site with them and constant review of jobs and certificates.

The less you take apart the better, you more likely to cause a fault. A good tester should be able to use there skill and judgment on just how much needs opening up. The numbers and readings are just a small part of a EICR.
Completely agree.

Reply to eicr in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock