Discuss elec. power to a garden shed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

ondro

-
Reaction score
Hello,
I have following scenario, 20A circuit breaker in the CU. 3 x 2.5 SWA cable feed to a garden shed CU. In the shed CU I have 0.69 ohm on the income cable. On the shed are two 16A radial circuits of socket outlet. When I do Ze on the sockets , I get 2.9 ohms.
The radial circuits have 2.5mm2 flat cable no longer than 5m from the shed CU.
Any idea why is the reading so high please?

is there a RCD in shed? this could cause a high reading if using no-trip EFLE test. try doing the test this way to eliminate the possibility. ( use the hi-current 2 lead test ).

High current Zs test with RCD.jpg

Hello,
I have following scenario, 20A circuit breaker in the CU. 3 x 2.5 SWA cable feed to a garden shed CU. In the shed CU I have 0.69 ohm on the income cable. On the shed are two 16A radial circuits of socket outlet. When I do Ze on the sockets , I get 2.9 ohms.
The radial circuits have 2.5mm2 flat cable no longer than 5m from the shed CU.
Any idea why is the reading so high please?
What do you mean "I have 0.69 ohms on the income cable, and Ze at the sockets"???????

confusion with Zdb and Zs methinks, poor terminology by OP.

OK. Thanks. So Zdb is 0.69 ohms and Zs is 2.9 ohm.
Yes an RCD is on the place.
then i refer you to post #2. just remember to remove the L-E short before energising.

Reply to elec. power to a garden shed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys, I have supplied my Shed with a 6mm SWA cable into a nice consumer unit. In there I have a 6Amp MCB for the lights and a 16 A supplying a...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Looking for help here as I've come across a strange call-out today. Bare with me here: Got a call from a customer saying they had...
Replies
Views
Evening everyone . Currently looking at pricing a job up . It’s a hot tub supply . Outside socket with a few spare ways in an outdoor cu . 10mm...
Replies
Views
Hi all Now being upfront I am not a sparks. I am about to have some work done by a friend (certified) and as he is doing me a favour I want to as...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm planning on adding some lighting to an old stone shed, there's currently a 2.5mm² SWA supply to the shed only supplying one IP rated...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock