Discuss Elecsa - Qualification requirements in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

mad_footie_lad

Hi, wonder if any could help me, im 24 years old and been doing house rewires for a sub contractor since i left school, have only completed my 2330 level 2, 2330 level 3 as well as 17th edition reg's course. I have been offered lots on private work so need to get registered really.

Does anyone know what qualifications i need to apply to elecsa as they weren't very clear when we spoke.??

Thanks in advance.. STEVE..

Your probably over qualified, you only need the 17th edition to be registered as competent!! lol!! Good to hear you've taken the time to get a core qualification. Do you also have NVQ/AM's etc??

Thats good to hear, i haven't done my NVQ 3 yet as i wanted to do level 2 and 3, then get some onsite experience and i feel thats the main factor of being a good electrician, i'm looking to complete my NVQ and 2391 ASAP but the contract i was on has finished so im recentely unemployed meaning elecsa seemed like the perfect time to get started.

Thanks for the prompt reply.. steve

Exactly the same as you (apart from age!) and spoke to Elecsa some months ago who are quite happy to take you on with our qualifications.
No doubt you will get some replies stating that they are more interested in your money than your quals!

So many of these threads around. Surely the schemes don't hide their telephone numbers and would have entry requirements needed (or lack of!) on there website?

They do tell you the requirements but i couldn't believe they were only asking for 17th edition so just wanted to double check..

According to some on here the only requirement is that you live in a house/flat that is a new build and you has a 17th edition compliant DB already fitted but claim it to be your own work.

According to some on here the only requirement is that you live in a house/flat that is a new build and you has a 17th edition compliant DB already fitted but claim it to be your own work.

Yeh, thats not right! I rewired my own house i just bought so planning on using my own work rather than pass some other guys off as my own.
Thanks for all the help to everyone..

Reply to Elecsa - Qualification requirements in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock