Discuss Electrical drawing software in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jumpinjackjones

Hi team!

At work, when the need arises, I use Eplan for electrical drawings but I am soon to undertake some side projects and need to put some drawings together.

I don't have eplan at home, so have been looking at affordable alternatives and have been tinkering with edraw, but for the life of me, I cant get the symbols to snap together perfectly- I have all the snap settings enabled but the connecting lines don't match up perfectly...

Does anybody have any experience of this and either tell me where I am going wrong, or suggest an alternative?

I am playing with the trial version so haven't committed to it yet but my colleague seems to be convinced its a winner....

Any input from you guys might make me less cross!!!!

Hello and thanks for the reply- i'll have a look now... but ideally, I was hoping for somebody with unbiased actual experience of using either edraw, or offer an alternative.

I'm sure that you think the software that you make money from selling is the best, but so do all the other firms on google!

Hi, that's why you can try the free version. So you can decide by your self if this is the right tool for you. We welcome other members to post comments positive or negative.

Thanks

Hey there!
I feel your frustration with the finicky connections in Edraw. I don't have personal experience with Edraw, but I can offer some suggestions:
  • Double-check Snap Settings: Even though you think snapping is enabled, it might be worth revisiting the settings menu to make sure all the relevant snapping options are checked, like "snap to grid" or "snap to endpoint."
  • Grid Size Adjustments: Play around with the grid size in Edraw. A smaller grid might provide more precise connection points.
  • Connector Tools vs. Shapes: Some users recommend using the dedicated connector tools instead of connector shapes for a more precise connection.
  • Explore Alternatives: If Edraw continues to be a struggle, consider free alternatives like [LibreCAD] or web-based options like [EasyEDA]. These might have different snapping functionalities.
Hopefully, one of these tips helps! If not, maybe your colleagues who like Edraw have some additional tricks for perfect connections.

Hey there!
I feel your frustration with the finicky connections in Edraw. I don't have personal experience with Edraw, but I can offer some suggestions:
  • Double-check Snap Settings: Even though you think snapping is enabled, it might be worth revisiting the settings menu to make sure all the relevant snapping options are checked, like "snap to grid" or "snap to endpoint."
  • Grid Size Adjustments: Play around with the grid size in Edraw. A smaller grid might provide more precise connection points.
  • Connector Tools vs. Shapes: Some users recommend using the dedicated connector tools instead of connector shapes for a more precise connection.
  • Explore Alternatives: If Edraw continues to be a struggle, consider free alternatives like [LibreCAD] or web-based options like [EasyEDA]. These might have different snapping functionalities.
Hopefully, one of these tips helps! If not, maybe your colleagues who like Edraw have some additional tricks for perfect connections.

Bear in mind this thread is 6 years old.

Reply to Electrical drawing software in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net