Discuss Electrical engineering industrial supervisor help in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

super

Hi all, thanks for your help here. So have you done the electrical engineering course with A1 technical ? If so who did you use as your industrial supervisor as I'm struggling to find one, to
the point I'm going to walk into asdas ask to see the manager and see if they will do it for me . any ideas or advice from experience of the course ?? Can it be any type of manager ? Or A teacher maybe I don't know

if you've done the course with this company you will know you need an industrial supervisor who basically acts as your invigilator.they have to be a manager of some description so was wondering who other people have used as there invigilator for the course

your talking about doing a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical engineering
what A1 seem to think it will only take you 1.5-2yr to do
BSc (Hons) in Engineering Management by Distance Learning « Beneficiaries
A1 seems to be if you are in the AREA of the JOB and want to train higher.

Advert for such a job
Electrical Engineer Supervisor (Electrical Engineering / Management)

Job Requirements
Successful candidates must have a current PE registration. Someone with the history of working with projects such as Healthcare, Commercial, and Mission Critical projects would be a good fit for this dynamic role.Additional requirements include:
  • Bachelor’s degree in Electrical engineering
  • 10+ years’ experience working in a consulting firm, this is a Senior level role that requires a background in the MEP Engineering Industry
  • 3 years of supervisory experience
  • LEED AP accreditation, highly preferred
  • Hands-on design and CAD/REVIT experience, required, as you will have a very strong technical role

Last edited by a moderator:
Rant over ? Haha.not sure if I'm reading your message wrong but I'm under he impression you don't agree with this course structure.

dont worry I've not stepped out of a cleaning job.im in my 30's well experienced with electrics since leaving school have many electrical qualifications my pat test,17th,test and inspect and design course qualifications as well as completing the full apprenticeship .where I'm wanting to step is into electrical design / estimating maybe ,to get off my tools .most of those jobs require a hnc in electrical engineering.so I'm developing my career further and gaining another skill set.i now have a mortgage so can't go full time on The course due to finiacial comitments. i left school not knowing what I wanted to do so went into a trade now I know where I want to end up.god love this country where we can all progress in life.believe me in other countries qualifications are even easier to come by, it's about developing home grown talent rather than importing it because the UK lacks opportunity.its up to the employer to decide if one is crap at there job.hope you can see my angle now

Rant over ? Haha.not sure if I'm reading your message wrong but I'm under he impression you don't agree with this course structure.

dont worry I've not stepped out of a cleaning job.im in my 30's well experienced with electrics since leaving school have many electrical qualifications my pat test,17th,test and inspect and design course qualifications as well as completing the full apprenticeship .where I'm wanting to step is into electrical design / estimating maybe ,to get off my tools .most of those jobs require a hnc in electrical engineering.so I'm developing my career further and gaining another skill set.i now have a mortgage so can't go full time on The course due to finiacial comitments. i left school not knowing what I wanted to do so went into a trade now I know where I want to end up.god love this country where we can all progress in life.believe me in other countries qualifications are even easier to come by, it's about developing home grown talent rather than importing it because the UK lacks opportunity.its up to the employer to decide if one is crap at there job.hope you can see my angle now 

Well im not one to take the **** out of ANY ONES qualifications.

Now as for A1 Training thing, i think their claims of doing a Degree in 1.5-2yr is DAM HARD, and if you PASS i will buy you a CAKE (nothing too posh) It would impress me a LOT.

Your Question was DAM HARD to Read for me, so i had to PULL OUT bits. A1 Training, so i looked at their qualifications, looked up the Scot Education System (ALL Because of your QUESTION HERE) tried to see if it is REAL COMPANY etc so to see if its a Scam or any thing. Then i looked up the JOB TITLE to see what Qualifications they were asking for. DO NOTE i am DYSLEXIC so for me i am at my Limits of Learning Level 3.. so a DEGREE to me is the HOLY Cup (see i cant even spell Grayel) So i am impressed with people who do, and in engineering (not a micky mouse course).

I would say UK Murdered a LOT of its Possible Talents, with School Education (i was made to do French, Science and History when i was WELL behind in English and one in my class got stuck on the word THE!!)

NOW .. WHAT IS IT YOU WANT.. If you want a JOB in "Electrical engineering industrial supervisor"
Then look up the Job, finding out what the QUALIFICATIONS it wants for the SAID job and WORK BACKWARDS.

Personally i cant see you getting up to the grade by the way you READ my words, and the way you jumped down on me. To me that is Managerment or a Supervisor type of person.

Best of Luck in your Education, and i Hope i am wrong. (cake offer will be there, nothing Posh)

Reply to Electrical engineering industrial supervisor help in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock