Discuss Electrical Test sheets & Fudged Figures in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

This is clearly a case of measure Zs and deduct Ze for the continuity no one surely does it the other way on a Periodic. So OP are there no insulation resistance readings.

I think what you state is spot on :thumbsup:,however,he can only prove its fudged if new tests contradict the readings he has been given
I am making the point to him that what he has been given is a legitimate if unusual means of obtaining Zs on a periodic but there are 2 ways to skin the cat :)

Zs-ze should not be used to calculate R1+R2 on any test as zs is a live test done with all bonding conductors in place.
Parallel paths will affect your zs result and will always be lower than the zs=ze+R1+R2 calculated method.
Is that what we are on about ha?

Zs-ze should not be used to calculate R1+R2 on any test as zs is a live test done with all bonding conductors in place.
Parallel paths will affect your zs result and will always be lower than the zs=ze+R1+R2 calculated method.
Don't know, got a headache now

In the great scheme of things the continuity reading for radial circuits on an EICR schedule is pretty irrelevant however it was achieved whether you view the method rightly or wrongly let's face it some people just tick the column or leave it blank as the Zs proves continuity.

In the great scheme of things the continuity reading for radial circuits on an EICR schedule is pretty irrelevant however it was achieved whether you view the method rightly or wrongly let's face it some people just tick the column or leave it blank as the Zs proves continuity.
Agreed. The zs test alone is required to verify that the protective device will operate within the required time allowed.

I'm going for a lie down in a dark room

I'm asking - do you think its fudged? Without me having to spend to send another body down to the job and get them to retest. Can anyone see ANYTHING suss about the test sheet I've just uploaded?

I am not an electrician in any shape of form, However I do check figures against what the lads send me on the low and what gets printed on a test sheet. Because I am certain both the CM/QS are pulling the wool over the company.

At the end of the day, I'm there to protect the company and the lads on site, So if I don't check these things then i'm as bad as they are.

I'm asking - do you think its fudged? Without me having to spend to send another body down to the job and get them to retest. Can anyone see ANYTHING suss about the test sheet I've just uploaded?

I am not an electrician in any shape of form, However I do check figures against what the lads send me on the low and what gets printed on a test sheet. Because I am certain both the CM/QS are pulling the wool over the company.

At the end of the day, I'm there to protect the company and the lads on site, So if I don't check these things then i'm as bad as they are.
Sorry Mate "you are not an Electrician" how do you know what you are checking is correct?

RCD test result times
those RCBO are very twitchy I often get figures like that but more like 22 @ 5 x. I think its very hard to believe that dado sockets (cct 8 and other rings) upstairs have an R1/R2 of 0.11 must be a circa 10m cct I would have thought more like 30m total giving approx 0.48. What distance does the circuit go to? And thinking about it what you said about the Zs = Ze + R1/R2 is so spot on in every case it looks like its calculated. They could have faked it better by varying the figures.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing which I doubt is correct is the line/neutral insulation resistance readings which are rarely achievable on an EICR. As for similar rcbo trip times that isn't impossible they are similar, very often Memshield 2 devices will give 39/29 all the time, yesterday I had four in a Wylex NHX all identical. The R1+R2 for the ring finals are incorrect and the Zs for these circuits don't tally with the continuity readings.

Sorry Mate "you are not an Electrician" how do you know what you are checking is correct?

Hence me asking for help on this forum. If someone could look at the test sheet I uploaded. Tell me, do you see anything suss.
I sent this to the independent person I use, and he noticed straight away. I had my suspicions when I received it, because the original figures were MISSING.
QS/CM said the electrician did it online, The electrician said he didn't because it crashed mid way, so did a blank handwritten TS for us, and the CM/QS lost it.

I'm not disputing they could be valid results, but last week I installed two RCBOs, brand new, identical in every way... operation times were wildly different... all within required times, but radically different. Those on that test sheet look too similar across that many devices.

Edit:-

And having just read Westward's post, I'm happy to bow to you guys who are more experienced with these matters. I've not had much to do with RCBOs in all honesty, they just look too similar.

There's a few things that don't add up.
System is TN-S, yet the Ze is is more applicable for TN-C-S.
Test button for RCD on circuit 12 has been operated?
RCD test times don't look right.
I would expect a quicker time on 5x test than on 1x, yet they are either the same or slower?
Nominal voltage is 400V for single phase?

As an approximation the Zs for circuit 8 should be about 0.41, circuit 15, 0.42 and circuit 16, 0.43 however the values of end to end continuity look incorrect for the size of conductors unless the cpcs have been incorrectly sized and should be 1.5 as opposed to 2.5.

Reply to Electrical Test sheets & Fudged Figures in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net