Discuss Electrician walked off the job half way, what now? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi plugs , you say the 3rd sparkie !?
Don't feel you have to answer , if it will put you in a awkward position !:dots:

as plugsandsparks says there was no issue with the second guy he could only give me 10 days that he had free which was ideal as it allowed me to finish putting up the plasterboard on the ceilings. Plugsandsparks has done a excellent job and so far I am very happy with the result. Hopefully we will be doing the second fix soon.

I'm also glad to hear it sounds like the job is back on track and it's kinda nice one of the established forum members got some work as well. Good luck with the rest of the build.

Hi Guys.

Another update. So Mr CS applied to have the as I am based in the US at the moment I was not able to go to court to fight this and he successfully had the verdict set aside.

So we had our day in front of the judge a few weeks ago, this is the first time I have spoken to CS and I got the feeling he honestly believes he had done 3.1k worth of work and that I am trying to rip him off.

On the other hand I had a valuation of the work with shows it was just under 1.3k worth of work which in my view is what the work was worth.

After calling his accountant he finally agreed that there is no such thing as a VAT exemption number for a new build and that he was not actually supposed to charge me VAT.

After much going back and forth he agreed to pay me back £1500 which I agreed to accept.
He paid me on the date promised and this is now closed.

Its fair to say I will never deal with Mr CS again.

All in all am happy this is over and done with. I cost me £120 in legal fees, £150 in fuel to drive down to court and £3000 to fly back to the uk to go to court. I got £1.5k back. This was never about the money I just dont like being taken for a ride which in my view I was.

I know everyone says there is 2 sides to a story, so as this is public record now here is Mr CS side of the story.

*Removed*

Also I managed to convince Mr CS (after a call to his accountant) that actually there is no such thing as a VAT exemption number for a new build and that he was supposed to zero rate the VAT, so he will get the VAT back that he paid so actually he is only just under £1k out of pocket now.

To be fair to CS he has lost a few days of work having to go to court so he has lost out in all of this also.

I dont agree with some of what is said in the letter, but thats my point of view.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys.

Another update. So Mr CS applied to have the judgment set aside, as I am based in the US at the moment I was not able to go to court to fight this and he successfully had the verdict set aside.

So we had our day in front of the judge a few weeks ago, this is the first time I have spoken to CS and I got the feeling he honestly believes he had done 3.1k worth of work and that I am trying to rip him off.

On the other hand I had a valuation of the work with shows it was just under 1.3k worth of work which in my view is what the work was worth.

After calling his accountant he finally agreed that there is no such thing as a VAT exemption number for a new build and that he was not actually supposed to charge me VAT.

After much going back and forth he agreed to pay me back £1500 which I agreed to accept.
He paid me on the date promised and this is now closed.

Its fair to say I will never deal with Mr CS again.

All in all am happy this is over and done with. I cost me £120 in legal fees, £150 in fuel to drive down to court and £3000 to fly back to the uk to go to court. I got £1.5k back. This was never about the money I just dont like being taken for a ride.

I know everyone says there is 2 sides to a story, so as this is public record now here is Mr CS side of the story.

View attachment 21181

You shouldn't be publicising the individuals names on here.

£258 for 2 weeks hotel - sounds more like campsite fees

Too late, i had to login to find the link had vanished / had been removed.......

Here's one I prepared earlier .... The whole thing stank, I just had to put her reply up on a public forum

***Link removed ***

I told you Its so much easier to remove the link before you post.....lol

£258 for 2 weeks hotel - sounds more like campsite fees

I think he stayed in the IBIS which is quite cheap and not bad at all, I would have no problem staying there.

Why he think I should be paying for his hotel I do not know, 600m of 2.5mm used used and 55 to 60 35mm back boxes which I think think cost £600 + Vat.

OK.

So Belmont Build thinks its OK for him to name and shame a sparky, but then remove his name from said details, to keep his identify secret.

So shall we play hangman to reveal Belmont Builds identity?

so to start off the surname has 7 letters, who's going first with a guess of a letter?

I think he stayed in the IBIS which is quite cheap and not bad at all, I would have no problem staying there.

Why he think I should be paying for his hotel I do not know, 600m of 2.5mm used used and 55 to 60 35mm back boxes which I think think cost £600 + Vat.

If he is from out of town then this would be reasonable

OK.

So Belmont Build thinks its OK for him to name and shame a sparky, but then remove his name from said details, to keep his identify secret.

So shall we play hangman to reveal Belmont Builds identity?

so to start off the surname has 7 letters, who's going first with a guess of a letter?

I saw it, so I won't play

He did change it pretty quick mind, hope he's not a hacker!

:sifone:

So did you edit your name out then? It seems to have disappeared.

Time to be honest as I know what it said.

Anyone that wants my name can go and look it up the court documents, the reference number is there.

I have used CS in all my posts to avoid it coming up in a google search.

If he is from out of town then this would be reasonable

It depends how you look at it, the judge was going to appoint a expert witness to put a valuation on the work, its irrelevant where the guy lives the only relevant part is the value of the work done. Even if I was to pay for the hotel why would I pay for 2 weeks worth of hotel stay because he changed his mind about finishing the job?

Reply to Electrician walked off the job half way, what now? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net