Discuss Electricians Forums Pet Forum in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

I've got a big dog

See Dan i got the ball rolling, help help help that's me.

552417_2274579721016_285580829_n.jpg340873_1842195591683_203492605_o.jpg473186_3041539374528_513320633_o.jpg

Showing my canine ignorance here lovely dog, what sort is it? has it got some boxer in there?

No pete he is rhodesian ridgeback ( Dad ) cross American bulldog ( Mum )

We have acquired a cat.
It decided to drop in one day. It actually came in through an upstairs bedroom window via the conservatory roof and took a nap on the bed in the guest bedroom. We think. That might have been a year ago.

Anyway, we have since given it food and restricted access.
We have no idea where it came from nor its provenance. In self defence we gave it flea treatment.

Initially, it was extremely nervous. Stroke it and expect a slap for your pains.
It has become less nervous over the past weeks and is currently stretched out on the landing.
Here it is in the conservatory appealing for food.

Visitingcat01_zpsbbe386b6.jpg

How could you refuse...

We had a pet ostrich for a while, I found it as an abandoned new-born on the side of the road and took it home rather than it getting flattened by the traffic. It was a great pet whilst it was small but it was problematic when it was fully grown. It was very loyal and used to follow family members around all day and it was great with the kids, it used to let them ride around on its back. One down side was it would eat anything and everything it could get in its mouth like keys, batteries and pens/pencils. It was at the vet on numerous occasions to get things unjammed from its throat, it ate a 2-prong plug once and was walking around with the food mixer it was attached to swinging by the cable hanging from its beak. It also started attacking visitors and it didn't get along with other animals such as neighborhood cats, dogs and birds etc so it was put up for adoption and went to a new home.

I've got a cat, did have two but one passed away last year due to old age. This one is dumb as*#*#*#*# but lovely

1196.jpg

Not impressed about wearing a santa hat but I thought it was funny at the time.

Not a cat lover myself, I love Dogs though, I wouldn't ever see a cat harmed, but they are not for me at all

Me neither but if one appeared looking for a home it would get one.

Working on the principle that it was a semi feral cat who's job it was to eat mice.

In exchange it would get a warm home in bad weather and fed in winter.

This is my only pet just now.

DSC02560.jpg

Either another Rottie or a Rhodesian ridgeback to keep her company soon :)

In fairness that was the picture the rescue centre sent me I've loads more where she is a much happier bunny.

azepanuv.jpg

Some great looking pooches on this thread!, like mike, I'm really not a cat lover, but adore dogs!. Some might have seen my boy before on here, but here he is again, Stig the dobie, amazing boy, so intelligent and just the best temperament. So much so we are getting him a brother from the next litter!!

Me neither but if one appeared looking for a home it would get one.

Working on the principle that it was a semi feral cat who's job it was to eat mice.

In exchange it would get a warm home in bad weather and fed in winter.

This is my only pet just now.

View attachment 25693

Either another Rottie or a Rhodesian ridgeback to keep her company soon :)

lovely rottie there, but i still think they look funny with tails. the 3 i had were all docked at birth.

it was kennel club standards. now tails are accepted by them after pressure. i think nowadays, if you want the dog docked, it has to be done by a vet.

Reply to Electricians Forums Pet Forum in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net