• If you have electrical work available, then you are in the correct forum.

Post details of the position you have on offer in this forum. Domestic / homeowners are also welcome to post electrical work they have available on their property. Or you're welcome to seach for a Local Electrician in our directory.

Discuss Electricians/rewire teams required in the Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net

This person requires some work. They've hopefully explained their skills and qualifications and what area they're in. Otherwise, what's the bloody point?
for example a 2 bed terraced shell unoccupied average points £550
3 bed £650

Is that £550 per person or for the whole lot? If the whole lot I make the minimum number of points for a two bed (not including cooker circuit) to be over 30. Plus the bonding, CU and cooker circuit. Let's say £160 of the £550 is for doing those (lol) that's less than £13 per point. A third or less of the likely charge to the customer (even in Wigan).

550 for a rewire in England in the year 2017???
How the hell do you sleep at night? (In a very expensive bed no doubt)
Obviously a Mickey Mouse set-up where the installation certificates will be worthless

In Wales £ 550 per house was the price in 2005
Having said that,the guy is offering work,if someone thinks what he is paying is well below what that someone thinks their worth,simple look elsewhere

He has won his contracts in the open market,if he can't get the labour,he will pay the price himself,its business,he should not be personally insulted

A while ago we priced some 3 bed new builds at £2250 each, two other firms priced them, one at £2190 each and the other at £1375!

The £1375 quote won it. I got a peek at a first fix and it wasn't pretty!

A while ago we priced some 3 bed new builds at £2250 each, two other firms priced them, one at £2190 each and the other at £1375!

The £1375 quote won it. I got a peek at a first fix and it wasn't pretty!
the closeness of your quote and the £2190 shows that is a sensible price. £1375 is a cowboy chuck it in quick bodge price.

triple the price and you may get a few bites. £550 is charles dickens'wages.
upload_2017-7-19_8-1-21.png
may be they think that we came over on one of those!

In Wales £ 550 per house was the price in 2005
Having said that,the guy is offering work,if someone thinks what he is paying is well below what that someone thinks their worth,simple look elsewhere

He has won his contracts in the open market,if he can't get the labour,he will pay the price himself,its business,he should not be personally insulted
If you insult people there is a very real risk you will be insulted back. Offering peanuts to qualified tradesman counts as an insult in my opinion and I would even agree with the description someone else used as he is just pimping and taking the mick with the Mickey Mouse price

Reply to Electricians/rewire teams required in the Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net