1. We've split off Commercial Electrician Talk and Industrial Electrician Talk from the main Electrical Forum. Please take note when you're looking for and posting new threads. :) 

Checkout the new Electricians Directory which you can add your business details to for free.

We've also teamed up with an insurance firm to offer you guys some discounted insurance. These guys will customise your insurance to fit your needs perfectly. Enquire using the following pages: VAN - FLEET - PROFESSIONAL INDEMNITY - OTHER TYPES OF INSURANCE.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Checkout the new British Forums, register for free and enter the competition to win a £25 Amazon Voucher!

Dismiss Notice

Discuss Electricians Van Insurance - Past renewal price? in the Insurance for Electricians area at ElectriciansForums.co.uk.

1. D80

D80 Guest

Looking to get a new van and Axa have quoted me nearly 2k insurance on the Volkswagen Transporter I have had my eye on!!!!!!!

Got a clean licence and have had for over 10 years. Not overly fussed on the compare websites as they never seem able to come close to any of my current insurances. Any suggestions on which companies to try?

EDITED BY EF

A few firms to check (updated November 2016):-

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2016
  2. Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. dufjax

dufjax Guest

My insurance runs out mid Jan so I’ve been doing research my self. You are right comparison sites are rubbish. Tesco said they guarantee to beat any quote but turns out they can’t lol. Best price I got from comparison site was £359.
    Admiral / Gladiator who I’m currently with wanted £265, which is better.
    I tried direct line they quoted me £240 think they gave me a discount because my step son’s insured with them (£2.5k :( and they were the cheapest!!!)
    So I think I’ll be going with direct line.

4. acat

acat Guest

I would go with direct line as well did my insurance in September and they gave me the best quote.

Or have a look at the Trades Direct thread and the comments made by Dan

Chris

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2009
  5. Guest123

Guest123 Guest

6. Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  7. m4tty

m4tty Guest

Maybe try the company who your with on your private car insurance as they may allow ncd from private car policy.

8. dufjax

dufjax Guest

Don't try the Tesco Van Insurance Compare Site.... You'll be hounded :mad: by insurance companies trying to sell you cover. I've had 3 calls today!! EVERY LITTLE DOESN'T HELP!!!

9. cheeky_blue

cheeky_blue Electrician's Arms

10. sparks101

sparks101 New EF Member

This country..... I'm 22 years old and trying to set up sole trading.Does anyone have any
    help or advice on getting van insurance i cant get a quote less than £3600 a year its a joke!

11. SirKit Breaker

SirKit Breaker Trusted Advisor

Unfortunately mate, it is all to do with your age, how long you have been driving, no claims bonus and so on. The only way it will get better is with time and experience.

12. kevyn

kevyn Electrician's Arms

ferg likes this.
  13. supasparxs

supasparxs Electrician's Arms

14. cheeky_blue

cheeky_blue Electrician's Arms

15. Amp David

Amp David Trusted Advisor

I with Autonet Insurance too. Got me a great price compared to all the other usual suspects.

To the OP, what van are yu trying to insure?

16. sparks101

sparks101 New EF Member

Hi mate, im trying to insure a peaugeot boxer 2.2 . I've had my license 23 months, no ncb because i was named driver on my dads bmw.

17. Advertisement

to hide this advert.