Discuss Electromagnetic door.. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jim_jimmy

Hey guys

Just been given a set of plans to price from and the electromagnet smoke alarm operated door has cropped up.... Not had any experience with these before. Any ideas on how they link into the smokes? Relay?

Guess i should wire in a push switch to release the door as well.

James

Hey guys

Just been given a set of plans to price from and the electromagnet smoke alarm operated door has cropped up.... Not had any experience with these before. Any ideas on how they link into the smokes? Relay?

James
Is their a 24v fire alarm panel monitoring the building or a mains powered system?

Last edited:
Hey guys

James

Supply to the sounder can be linked off, to operate the mag door bearing in mind that it has to be through a second relay to OC the door relay. the door relay is NC and opens when the door needs opened.

Good idea, It's a pain in the butt having to light a fire to get the door open. lol.:D

Supply to the sounder can be linked off, to operate the mag door bearing in mind that it has to be through a second relay to OC the door relay. the door relay is NC and opens when the door needs opened.

Good idea, It's a pain in the butt having to light a fire to get the door open. lol.:D
Will agree with the above only on a 240v mains powered fire alarm but if you,ve got a 24v monitored panel then you cant simply do that as the fire doors in this case should be controlled from a normally closed volts free contacts in the panel to a relay as you mentioned by the door control, taking it off a sounder limits your testing of the doors from the fire panel without setting full alarm off and also if tagged to sounder it must not be spured as it cant be monitored from the panel unless you loop in and out to keep eol resistor covering full system, but i wouldnt personally go this route not sure its acceptable but its give me something to look up.

Last edited:
The best thing to do is ring the technical advide line of the panel manu facturer as they will usually be able to help you, a quick google usually finds a contact number of some sort. im always doing it when adding new devices etc into systems.

or you can put the relays onto the inturder pannel to make a fire link which will be linked in to the fire pannel plus i would make sure you put the pannel on test when you get to the job you dont want the local fire engine turning up :)

Reply to Electromagnetic door.. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net