Discuss Ermmm...!!! Breaking in... in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

DurhamSparky

going to a job tomorrow where the landlord has basically told tenants be in or we breaking in!!

should be fun and games i think.... any PPE that you chaps think i might need..!

Stuff the ppe and get a riot shield.

If they are that naughty decent boots and thick gauntlets may protect against AIDS needles.

A Rocker special (meter of SWA with a brass gland on the end) in case there's a ruck.

defo looking forward to it.... !! My Company, The Landlord, Enviromental Health and Joiners all converging on 2x flats!! p.s the Landlord is a locksmith and also works as a County Court Balliff...! he not a small chap either...!!

Full face visor, ballistic vest, shin pads, cricket box, hard hat, steels and some thick gauntlets should do it I reckon.
Bit OTT for changing a couple of socket fronts though isn't it? Are they bad payers?

unless hes got a court order it dont matter how big he is and if the tenants pursue you could find yourself locked up for all sorts of charges

If you have nt got the police with you its not legit and you ll end up getting in trouble.
You can get arrested for breaking into your own house if you ve got sitting tenants.

defo looking forward to it.... !! My Company, The Landlord, Enviromental Health and Joiners all converging on 2x flats!! p.s the Landlord is a locksmith and also works as a County Court Balliff...! he not a small chap either...!!

He goes in first then.

I've had to break in many times when I used to do council work callout. Just be alert for any 'sharps' when you go in.
If there is any dangerous stuff there, make sure your employer gets you all jabbed up for things like Weil's disease etc..

oh well Update on todays fun!!! ALL the tennants were in and were very nice!! bit scruffy and poor but nice ish,

Carried out 2 Pirs on two flats, have to go back and do another 3 Pirs next week along with some remedial work and some new install work as requested by Enviro Health chap..!

no needles or sharps just the smell of cat ---- and stale tabs....!!

defo a 2 man job mind as one works other is watching tools , the van and your back...!! not a nice area !!

oh well Update on todays fun!!! ALL the tennants were in and were very nice!! bit scruffy and poor but nice ish,

Carried out 2 Pirs on two flats, have to go back and do another 3 Pirs next week along with some remedial work and some new install work as requested by Enviro Health chap..!

no needles or sharps just the smell of cat ---- and stale tabs....!!

defo a 2 man job mind as one works other is watching tools , the van and your back...!! not a nice area !!

20 years ago, my mate was a British Telecoms engineer working that area & it was standard practice to send two vans - one bloke in the property working, & the other bloke sitting in his van watching the first bloke's van. I don't suppose the area has changed much since then.

yeah but i have to return... may have a full schedule as they want to renovate the full street and its owned by 1 landlord... 1 house at a time as well...! should be un fun!!

surface trunking all the way i think!

yeah but i have to return... may have a full schedule as they want to renovate the full street and its owned by 1 landlord... 1 house at a time as well...! should be un fun!!

surface trunking all the way i think!

The landlord probably paid £1 for each property. I seem to remember there were some houses up for sale @ £1 each in that area a few years back. (no kidding)

I would agree with surface trunking too.

Reply to Ermmm...!!! Breaking in... in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock