Discuss ERR Ltd a company to be trusted? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

P

pete84

At 32 I have recently been made redundant and am keen to get qualified as an electrician. Having filled in a 'get more info' form on a website I was contacted by someone from ERR Ltd offering my the chance to train with them over a couple of years.

They would cover the following 2365 level 2 and 3, 2357, 2382, 17th edition, AM2, 2394, 2395, 2392 and Part P Full. for the small cost of £7,500.

Given that amount of money and having done some digging I have read a lot of bad things about these sort of courses.

Has anyone done or is doing a course through ERR Ltd. Or would the best advise be to do the 2365 level 2&3 at my local college while trying to get a company to agree to let me do the on site bits to complete the 2357.

I don't want to be throwing my money away with a company that turns out to be having me on so to speak.

advice welcome thanks

Welcome to the forum, unfortunately I have not heard of ERR so it woudl be best to get advice from someoen who knows.
However if it is taking a few years to get recognised versions of those city and guilds qualifications then this does appear to be the correct method.
However you also need to check if the 2357 has limitations on requiring you to be employed as an electrician as this part would be the NVQ3 portfolio.
Overall the total cost seems slightly high for the course but is at least listing the required qualifications.
The only one that worries me is the Part P full, unless this is the 2393 course then this may be overkill.
It may be worth checking if local colleges have these courses available at a lower cost (but do add up all the costs for exams and training as it may be more costly than the headline prices.).

Hi there did you get any feedback from ERR as im unsure if this too seems good on paper but is it the full qualifications at the end of the course to be fully qualified to work as a spark?

I'm currently training with Trade Skills 4 U on the 2365, level 2, 3 & 17th (2 weeks on 2 off). I'm very happy with the depth and quality of training.

I didn't trust any of the companies that said they'd train me the whole way including the NVQ. The portfolio is a lot of work and can take 6 months to 2 years to build (have a look on this forum). Only a certain amount of the portfolio is allowed to be done in a training centre as well, so are they saying they'll employ you after the 2365 & 17th to do work for them and build up your portfolio? I'd definitely ask about how you gain the NVQ after you've completely the 2365 and the amount of practical and classroom teaching there is.

For what I've read of similar companies, a lot of the studying is self taught (can be painful, but you always have YouTube). Nothing can beat real classroom learning imo.

I also didn't like the idea of going to college and being taught at the slowest pace possible (4 years of 2 evenings/ 1 day a week is a very long time).

Reply to ERR Ltd a company to be trusted? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock