Discuss Estimating software in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

jonboy1

For many years now i have undertaken the labourious task of estimating time and materials without the help of any software. Due to the fact that i am beginning to get bigger and bigger tenders this is eating up a lot of time. Can anyone advise me of some software that has been tried and tested which would help reduce the time i am spending estimating.

Thats the one I use along with spons estimating costs guide to electrical works ISBN 9780415469043 combine the two and you can give accurate and consistent quotes in minutes.

Chris

Thats the one I use along with spons estimating costs guide to electrical works ISBN 9780415469043 combine the two and you can give accurate and consistent quotes in minutes.

Chris
electrika estimating software i to have used this but i cant find any of my whole salers that know how to enter there discounts and i haven got a clue

as for time i assume you enter a time per unit and the estimations are done for you but again i cant work out how to do these either

am i just thick or is it a job for rocket engineers

No it's simple enough to use. I prefer to use the times from the Luckins guide however. It annoys me that spons combine the install times for back boxes and wiring accessories. A question for those that do use it. What times do you allow for chasing, lifting boards, drilling holes? The times given in both Luckins and spons seem to be very very high.
Must admit I prefer my linked spreadsheets to electrika, that said it's nice to be able to save estimates and be totally automated.

spons give 6.70 per metre for cable chasing into brick or block wall 50mm wide as for entering times if you have an item with a catalogue number click on the stopwatch at the top of the screen and enter the information you require this will only work with cat numbers. Those that give you discount have to email a file to you.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
6.70 what, minutes? If so you must have the very latest edition, I'm sure mine states 90mins for block and even longer for brick.
Sorry for my ignorance

Reply to Estimating software in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock