Discuss EU referendum in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Midwest

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
There is a thread in the Lifestyle/Politics section; http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/politics-economy/108346-eu-brexit-how-will-you-vote.html

It has a Poll, on how you intend to vote on 23rd June. Currently 71 members have voted. According to the stats, 323 members have visited this forum in the last 24hrs alone, and this forum has over 57,000 members. Surly we can do better than 71?

Perhaps you are not aware of this thread, or perhaps it doesn't interest you. It's a long thread now, but page 1 has the poll, so if you could spend a few secs with your voting finger there, it might put you in good stead for the 23rd June.

Don't expect or want replies here, just a few more votes there would be groovy . :grin:

I know it's an interesting subject, but this is an electricians site, so perhaps quite a few just visit the site in order to discuss electrics. Personally, I have voted, although I have now changed my mind!

I know it's an interesting subject, but this is an electricians site, so perhaps quite a few just visit the site in order to discuss electrics. Personally, I have voted, although I have now changed my mind!
i sincerely hope you've changed your mind from IN to OUT. :troll:

A lot of people go to considerable lengths to avoid any sort of political discussion - it's far more diplomatic just to sit on the fence, plus if you haven't done your homework (and homework is boring) the other side will tear your argument apart, and nobody likes being made to look silly. And anyway, politics is just a load of overpaid posh people in suits sitting around making boring speeches isn't it? How can that have any effect on someone who just wants to go to work to earn a living?

There is one major party that seems to take advantage of this take on politics - they are the party that will give 'poor' schoolchildren ÂŁ40 a week beer money if enough people vote for them, and will give ÂŁ200 to every 'poor' family, making the difference between living in poverty and living in poverty with an X-Box. Of course in the bigger scheme of things this isn't going to make the world a better place, but who can argue against voting for an X-Box?

I vote to redress the balance.

i sincerely hope you've changed your mind from IN to OUT. :troll:

Well, if you read HHDs posts in other threads on this forum you'll see that he comes across a very thoughtful, diligent and intelligent young man. Someone who'll put his family first and do the right thing for them and the country.

So he won't be voting out then. ;););)

Its pretty simple really you either vote for democracy or dictatorship your choice.
Correct. The head of the EU has got an agenda and he's going to push it through come what may. The EU is completely un-democratic. At the end of the day the great British public will decide, well, those of them that can be a**d to vote will.

We had a close shave in 2005 when 1 Tony Blair was one of the first to sign the EU constitution which would have given an awful lot away to the EU but the French and Dutch held referendums and it got the boot but was rehashed as the Lisbon treaty, the Irish put a spanner in the works initially but were made to vote again and it was finally ratified in 2009.

Yup. And the EU is the dictator
Hes called Junkers ain't he? Wasn't that the name of a German Bomber?? Or have I had too much home brew again. Same difference anyway, I have a suspicion he hates Cameron and probably the UK, good basis for a happy partnership.

Last edited:
I am more concerned with whose going to count these votes hope its not the same crew that counted the votes that led to the forming of the JIB

Reply to EU referendum in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net