Discuss EU's doing away with 3phase Pumps and motors in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

test electrical

This is starting to get right on my !! Now.
Needed a few pumps in the last few months, which wasn't the easiest of jobs getting like for like. But now I can't get them or any for that. All the pump and motor manufacturers are only supplying single phase motors wdf. Some --- in the EU/ G12 or what every they want to call them, I know what I want to call them. You can't get an EC or IOS number if its 3phase, so you can buy them in the EU bast!!!!!. Al to to with cardon print my balls, this is to far and the manufacturers. Wait for it, have changed all the standard sizes between pump sets, how good or they DAD & grunfoss. So how can it be good for the environment if you have to rewire your pumps and motors and alter your pipe work and change the controls?

Absolutely incorrect. It can't do away with them.

Ever seen a single phase motor over 15kW? Come on now!

I just got some 3ph pumps no issue, I would look for a new supplier, given that, if your supplier sources them from Italy as many do come from there then expect a bad service, missed ETA and lack of response when tracking your motor, they are known for this.

Like others have said, they are not stopping 3ph motors, they are more efficient then single phase thus less carbon footprint, not sure where you got your info from but unless they are specifying a particular type and size then I haven't heard diddly squat on the matter.

The EU regulations have just tightened up on the efficiency of motors as the power usage goes up.
It the manufacturers not bothering to build to that spec that's the issue. Sounds like they have found a way to make more money. surprise surprise.

Its call the climate and energy policy or the ErP directive,motor and fan efficiencies, and it started in June 2011 with different levels and sizes ie kw and phase types. But it looks like the manufacturers instead of meeting the customers needs they have seen an opportunity for pound signs. So before you all start making statements like above have a little read up. Where you could change a head over on a pump 3 phase with a build in inverter because you can do it more efficient with a single phase motor after 2017 that's what going to be on sale, unless you have one on a self somewhere. I have already done away with some inverter heads and installed standalones' ABB inverters

There are also options to rewire motors if needed.

I use a a few 3 phase pumps and suspect they will always be available. Anyway havent we voted out of the EU.
Some of the pumps I use would not normally be available on single phase.

My problem is the buildings I work in all have different systems and ages, its the new and the very old stuff that the problems arise. U haven't time to wait or look, a lot of the heating AHU's and boosted water systems have two and three motors but on critical sites everything needs to be done yesterday and there's no budgets for the amount of spares needed.A with the rate that stuff is being discontinued be cause of these new EU Reg's my lifes not getting any easier. Should go back to sub contacting, looks like there's going to be alot of work. Wouldn't like to be a pump supplier looks like they could have alot of problems trying to spec replacements, one job am looking at it's cheaper to alter the pipe work than pay the price for a new twin set. Another a I've removed the inverter head pulled all the controls out made it into a terminal box and installed an inverter beside it. Saved 3k had it going on direct dive until I got the bits. Am going backwards, we use to fix things years ago then we went to the replacement world. Done away with fixing components rewinding motors and replacing bearing and alike. Looks like the old work shop days or coming back. Might have to bring back the old YTP training centre's back to train people again.

Reply to EU's doing away with 3phase Pumps and motors in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock