Discuss EV Charging & Earth rod's in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

damo-p

Hi Guys,

Looking at Ev Charging and the earth rod scenario on a PME System.
Looking at A722.3 on page 282 in the BYB but the equation doesn't make much sense to me in all honesty.

i can see Raev has to be less than or equal to but is 70 Uo 70 x 230 or 70+230 over Iinst( 230-70)

Having a bit of a mind blank as i dont have a great interest in it but just somewthing ive been asked to look at at work.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to EV Charging & Earth rod's in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm going to start some construction projects at my own gaff soon, including sorting out some better outdoor supplies. Currently have a 32a...
Replies
Views
I have just watched one of John Ward's interesting videos - It all makes sense apart from one of the final points involving adding an earth rod...
Replies
Views
I am looking at section 722 of 18th edition for EV charge points. Section 722.411.4 imposes restrictions on the earthing arrangements for TN...
Replies
Views
Somewhere along the line I picked up a suggestion from a forum posting or two that the DNO does not like you to connect an earthing rod to his...
Replies
Views
I've just done an EICR on an install earthed TT . The Ze on the rod was high 245 ohms , which in theory is fine as it is less than 1667 and the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock