Discuss Evening everyone new user here! in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

Liam howe

Good evening everyone,
Just a quick message to all. I'm new to this site. I've just started an electrical business so I thought it would be a great idea to sign up to a forum like this for possible help or guidance as I start my exciting new journey.
Thanks everyone.

Hey Liam, welcome aboard and enjoy the journey you've started.
If you get a chance, update your profile with as much up to date info as possible. It'll help anyone responding to your posts or questions in a more direct way depending on your experience.
Appreciated, now get on with catching up with the last 8 years threads and when you're finished - make the tea!

Welcome to the forum mate.
So is you business Domestic, Commercial, Industrial?

Thanks guys! I will cover domestic, commercial and industrial as i have been lucky enough to gain experience in all 3 fields over the last 10 years. However i would say my domestic knowledge is the one i need to work on with regards to being able to sign off my own works for part p etc. infact if anyone could help me out with part p information that would be great!

first download the part p doc.from planningportal.gov. this covers the building regs as regard to electrical work. for notifiable jobs ( detailed in the part pdoc.) you will find it advantageous to join one of the scams. stroma is the cheapest by far.several members on here are stroma amd can give you more info.

first download the part p doc.from planningportal.gov. this covers the building regs as regard to electrical work. for notifiable jobs ( detailed in the part pdoc.) you will find it advantageous to join one of the scams. stroma is the cheapest by far.several members on here are stroma amd can give you more info.

Thankyou very much for your response. Do you know what is required from me qualification wise to sign off an installtion? Im a qualified elctrician 17th 10 years experience however i havent done the test and inspect course. Providing i join a part p scheme would that be enough to sign off works in domestic propperties or do i need to get my test and inspect?

Thankyou very much for your response. Do you know what is required from me qualification wise to sign off an installtion? Im a qualified elctrician 17th 10 years experience however i havent done the test and inspect course. Providing i join a part p scheme would that be enough to sign off works in domestic propperties or do i need to get my test and inspect?
Dunno Liam, perhaps you should enroll at the local "Sparky School" lol

Oh i see its gonna be one of them forums.....

Hi Liam welcome to forum from the staff. Tel has gave some good pointers with regards to joining a scheme as this is the most economical and flexible way to notify works. If you just want to notify jobs then stroma is the cheapest at around £288 a year. If you want to join a scheme that will be more recognised throughout other sectors such as commercial and industrial then you may find it advantageous to join the NICEIC as an approved contractor or the ECA. Obviously commercial and industrial work will not need notifying but a lot of bigger contracts want you to be part of one of these however wrong that may be. Its worth noting you will not find a lot of love for these schemes on the forum :D

You need to consider your end goal here......If you just want to be registered with a competent persons scheme for just notifying jobs then I would defiantly consider stroma as its the cheapest. If you want to tender for bigger contracts I would look at becoming an NICEIC approved contractor or ECA (you can join both).

NICEIC | Join our schemes and be recognised for the work you do - https://www.niceic.com/join-us/approved-contractor-scheme

http://www.niceic.com/medialib/www....roved-Contractor-Scheme-Brochure-16pp_web.pdf

Page 13 and 14 of the second link notes the required qualifications to become an approved contractor

http://www.niceic.com/medialib/www....194-Domestic-Ins-Scheme-Brochure-16pp_web.pdf

Page 13 and 14 of the above link notes the requirements to join as a domestic installer.

There are other schemes like napit, elecsa (Part of the same group of the NICEIC), benchmark and bsi.

Notifiable works basically include a new circuit, consumer unit replacement, existing circuit has been added to or altered in a room containing a bath, shower, swimming pool or sauna.

Here is approved document P which is worth a read plus you will need it for your assessment

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...achment_data/file/441872/BR_PDF_AD_P_2013.pdf

And the EAWR which you will also need for your assessment

http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/priced/hsr25.pdf

Reply to Evening everyone new user here! in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock