Discuss Excel Spreadsheets for Book keeping in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

claret73

Hi Guys
Anybody have a Template they wouldn't mind sharing for my book keeping? Been looking on Google to find some examples but nothing I'm after...
Have been Pen & Paper keeping for past month & although a fluent MAC Operator, Excel isn't strong point for setting up Templates...
Cheers if anybody has pointers or wouldn't mind sharing
Thanks

Hi Claret73

I have written a spreadsheet which dose everything, which I'm happy to send. Also I can ring you on a Land-line if you need help using it. If you want a copy let me have your email address.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Any chance of a copy of your spreadsheet as my brain is about to explode.
Excel was never my strong point, any help would be appreciated as hoping to go self employed in April.

Many Thanks
Jay

Hi Claret73

I have written a spreadsheet which dose everything, which I'm happy to send. Also I can ring you on a Land-line if you need help using it. If you want a copy let me have your email address.

Steve

Heh heh, I didn't mean anything by it. Just funny when someone offers something to someone on these forums, everyone then asks for it.
I'm no different, ;)

Hi Claret73

Steve

Hi Steve,
I have just recently set up my own company and would find your spreadsheet really helpful in getting my paperwork up to scratch. Is there anychance you could forward me a copy please? [email protected],
Kind regards
Nigpow3

Hi Claret,

I use my own if you're interested, it is for day to day accounting for the whole year and includes year end sheet.

It is in Open Office Calc format.

I see this an old thread but I am after a similar thing. Doing my books on paper when I get time so it's really messy. I'm thinking something spreadsheet based would help my book keeping

I see this an old thread but I am after a similar thing. Doing my books on paper when I get time so it's really messy. I'm thinking something spreadsheet based would help my book keeping

That would be a spreadsheet then...

I use a couple of Excel spreadsheet files to run my business; one called 'Customers' and one called 'Accounts'.

The 'Customers' one has sheets for Enquiry/Job Tracker, Customers, Prospective Customers, plus some analysis sheets for customer distance, number of new customers by month, and how they found me.

The 'Accounts' one has sheets for Sales, Purchases, Credit Card, Current Account, Cash, again plus analysis sheets for keeping track of how the business is doing.

It's probably not much different to how you'd run a business on paper, except that the adding up is automatic and it's easy to pull out data for tables and graphs. It may not be quite as automated as a dedicated CRM and accounts package, but it's cheap, works for me, and I can tweak it to show exactly what I need.

I guess it is. Tbh I'm not too adapted to online accounting. I have icertifi online for Certs and obv notifications are online so doing this online is the next step. Tbh I've not used excel before do t know where to start. Is there anywhere you know I can get an idea of what to do

I would download Open Office for free, then have a play with it.
When I do my accounts, I split them into months 7th April to 6th May.
Left to right, date, income, expense, description then tax deducted.
I do a total at the end of each month, simple formula, just add all the cells above together.
Then at the end of the year, I total up the monthly totals, another simple formula, just add all the cells with totals together.

Think I'm going to have to just jump in and give it a go. Been looking at Google sheets seems can be used on multiple platforms which is useful

Reply to Excel Spreadsheets for Book keeping in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net