Discuss Exit and Entry Doors on Scantronic 9600 Alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

joggerforfun

Hi ... Apologies if this is the wrong place to post but everything I come across says closed thread . We have a Scantronic House Alarm and we have a front and rear door both with the contacts on them for exit and entry.I have looked at the paperwork and they are listed as exit and entry but we usually use the front door.However the other day we decided to use the back and the alarm set and made the usual sound when we returned.Today we went out by the back door and when we returned the alarm was making a continuous humming sounds the sound that usually kicks after the beeps once the door is closed on exit .Well todat it was making that sound as we walked in and did not make the normal sound.We bought this house with the alarm already in and to be honest know nothing about it apart from setting and unsetting .I am wondering why it would continue to make this sound while we were out.All the doors were closed ...could it be that I didn't exit fast enough ...but I was outside getting in the car and the alarm didn't go off ....Any adice would be gratefully received ..Thanks in advance

Back door is not programmed for final exit. Test alarm to find out what zone the back door is on, then program the zone for final exit.

i,m assuming your newcastle is geordie land, not newcastle, staffs. as tazz says. the panel may need to see the front door open and close to set the system. leaving by the back door tells the alarm that you've not gone out.

i,m assuming your newcastle is geordie land, not newcastle, staffs. as tazz says. the panel may need to see the front door open and close to set the system. leaving by the back door tells the alarm that you've not gone out.

Indded it is Newcastle Geordie land :smilewinkgrin: And thanks for the replies ..really appreciated

Reply to Exit and Entry Doors on Scantronic 9600 Alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net