Discuss extend cooker circuit or rewire new one in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jbob

Client want cooker moved as they are getting new kitchen installed the problem I have is cooker circuit runs up through ceiling where I can't access because the ceiling is staying that tongue and groove stuff or whatever it's called my only option is crimp and extend down through under floor where the joint would be in behind new fridge space which I don't know if I really want to do as hate making joints the other option which client it's not keen on is just rewire new circuit on do away with old one client not sure as their will be more mess this way but hey ho what can I do about that lol some advice would be appreciated on what any of you's would prefer

The original switch will be behind new fridge space in units and I'm using existing cooker switch again as its not getting replace joint would be in original back box though but that's my reasons for worrying about that that's why I would prefer requiring new circuit lol

extend cable using MF connectors, fit blank plate, keep new cable within safe zones job done.

I was taught that cooker circuit must not have any joint in them, only an unbroken run from breaker to switch.

or am I old fashioned?

I was taught that cooker circuit must not have any joint in them, only an unbroken run from breaker to switch.

or am I old fashioned?

You are old fashioned and mis informed. You can have joints as long as they meet the requirements. Its all covered in the BGB.

Cheers.............Howard

If its possible then extend from the old point to the new postion and use a blanking plate as it will still be accssible for inspection by pulling the fridge out and as long as its routed in the safe zones or clipped direct surface, trunking
otherwise if the joint is hidden and no future access then it will need to be maintainance free enclosure and connections

Yes u would if needed
pull the cooker cable out of the wall from the proposed fridge position...i am assuming the fridge is built in....like goin into a larder unit....
if so then mount a surface box on top of the fridge/larder unit....take the existing cooker cable into that....you could either just joint it here...or use a DP switch...its up to you...
then from here onto the cooker iso with a new length.........joint accessable, out of sight and compliant...

pull the cooker cable out of the wall from the proposed fridge position...i am assuming the fridge is built in....like goin into a larder unit....
if so then mount a surface box on top of the fridge/larder unit....take the existing cooker cable into that....you could either just joint it here...or use a DP switch...its up to you...
then from here onto the cooker iso with a new length.........joint accessable, out of sight and compliant...

come on glenn, common sense entering the equation. that will never do. :drool5:

Reply to extend cooker circuit or rewire new one in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net