Discuss Extraction for 4 bathrooms in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

My thoughts were feed fan via switched fused spur from that lighting circuit and as you will be taking a duct to each bathroom take a 3 core and cpc cable to a PIR (you can daisy chain or run to each its up to you what is easier) L,N and switch for boost

I can see where the D.P. switch idear is comming from but if you have windows you won't turn on switch for boost in day time
you will have to get cable down wall to switch also and if there is no boost timer in fan as soom as the light switch is turned off
boost will stop.
You will needto be carefull that if the bathroom door is left open when not in use the PIR is positioned /masked as not to pick up passing by
I think you'll find the fan is controlled by the light switch in most domestic properties, so why bother with the effort for this one?

What's the point of running it on boost when the lights are on ?

Bathroom ventilation is designed to reduce condensation by controlling the humidity, so why not just fit a humidistat - at least then it'll run only when it needs to and not just because you are cleaning your teeth.

If you have a smelly poo open the window.

No point having the lights blazing away if you are having a shower during the daytime. I think that's probably what post #16 is alluding to. Daz

using pir -you would not need relays

could fit pir in ceiling as could be hard to get cable down to switch

if no overrun timer for boost p i r offers this

as other post could have h /stat instead of p i r

if you know you can get duct to bathroom same route with cable

it is just an option to you other options here also have their pros & cons

a pir looks a bit daft in a bathroom, i mean they look smart in the site bogs. Why not fit a two gang light switch and loop a three core around too each fan boost switch. Or do as lee suggested

I'm with Lee on this unless I've missed some detail in the posts?

All that is needed is a 3 core and cpc from the light fitting with the perm L+N feed. Perm L+N plus a Sw-L from light to a 3 pole Iso next to the fan, job done.

Hi I'm working with a landlord who has a house with 4 bathrooms, he wants extraction in all of them. I asked Manrose what they would recommend and they came back with a whole house extraction system. It runs constantly at a trickle extraction and can then be switched to boost. This is ideal as I want the boost switched on by the light switches in the bathrooms. The extraction system has one input for switched boost. How do I get 4 light switches to independently switch the extraction unit to boost. I'm thinking I need some kind of arrangement with relays, but I'm not sure how I would do it. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Each bathroom might switch the fan to boost but don't forget it will increase the extraction in the other 3 as well as the one being used.

Reply to Extraction for 4 bathrooms in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net